Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Posted

So someone told me that the bp from the regimen is preventing my hyperpigmentation spots to go away?....CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THIS IS TRUE OR NOT??

Posted

read up on it, there are various opinions on this, but for me I agree, I am NOT a BP fan for many reasons, I hated the bleached sheets, towels, clothes

for me mandelic acid first for 15-20 min (from garden of wisdom) followed by a salicylic acd/tea tree oil mixture works wonders, no it won't work for everyone but for me it does, and both acids actual HELP with hyperpigmentation AND active acne

Posted

Well thanks/: but I think I'm gonna stick with the regimen and hopefully my spots will fade, too.

Posted

Good title ,you made me so courios i was like what's going onnn.

BP prevents hyperpigmentation as in no acne no spots but it does not treat them.

Posted

Oh... but what I heard was that the bp STOPS the spots from fading

Posted

I wouldn't say stop perhaps it makes them to fade at a slower rate and it also makes them look redeer than usual.

Posted

Oh I see...do you guys know anything that I can use to get rid of those hyperpigmentation spots?

Posted

Benzoyl peroxide promotes hyperpigmentation, yo. Esp in darker skin tones.

Retin-a for hyperpigmentation. Or Azelaic acid.

Wear a sunscreen err'day too.

Posted

How's your scarring doing, nope.avi?

Posted

In a way yea since bp applied directly to scars will cause a minor chemical burn thatll prolong healing but only if the bps really concentrated. Salicylic acid to fade the scars should help

Posted

BP worsens hyperpigmentation for some people - like me :(

But if you're on the regimen the AHA treatment should take care of it. That's really great at evening your skin

Posted (edited)

Well thanks/: but I think I'm gonna stick with the regimen and hopefully my spots will fade, too.

BP will ruin your skin and it causes cancer. Stay away from it if you want clear healthy skin long term.

Look at the products at skinactives.com instead. They have some great natural skin care products for acne marks. Also, look for gentle natural non-toxic vegan skincare with B3 (niacinamide). That helps fade/ vanish acne marks. There's also scar vanishing gel from skinactives.com. Beta glucan is another important ingredient.

As for acne, try tea tree oil as others sugggest. Also, cleanse your skin once a blue moon with 100% organic cold pressed rosehip oil and tea tree oil using the oil cleansing method (OCM). The Body Deli also has good products, so too Jess Organics and Pure Skin Junkie.

And lastly, eat very healthy, mostly raw organic vegan and stay away from processed foods, fried foods, foods/ junk drinks, coffee/ tea/ tap water, soda, microwave foods, canned foods etc.

PS For a spot treatment, use 100% organic lavender oil directy on pimples. Just don't use on entire face. Fresh lemon juice is also great for preventing and eradicating primples. Test first to ensure it's okay for your skin type.

Edited by SilverOreganoOlive

Posted

Okay guys...youre scaring me about bp causing cancer and all so please just TRY to be supportive? thanks...A LOT-.-

Posted

BP does not cause cancer, it's "safe and effective" according to the FDA. It does prolong hyperpigmentation (for me at least) but I think it's worth it because it prevents acne from forming in the first place.

Posted

All these people here are trying to help you and give you adivce and all you do is being ironic.

Posted

bp is fine just keep using the regimen im on my 3rd week and its working really well and preventing new ones so good , also i have asian pale skin

Posted

How's your scarring doing, nope.avi?

Pretty good, not thinking about it these days and am more or less satisfied with my dermastamp improvements.

Posted

If you're only using 2.5% i'd say that the increased healing time for marks would be minimal. To be fair having red marks for a little longer is far better than active acne.

Posted

All these people here are trying to help you and give you adivce and all you do is being ironic.

Was I talking to you? Nope. Okay,then. That's what I thought.

And thank you guys!! i guess i do understand that hyperpigmentation is better than acne in this case!

Posted

Okay first of all, I'm not 12 honey. Okay? At least being 15 is better than being a 60 year old pedophile trying to find someone to flirt with on an ACNE WEBSITE. You can do better.