Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bulleitrye

Best Brand Of Birth Control To Combo With Spironolactone ?

I am a 31 year old female and have been struggling with mild to moderate acne on and off since I was about 14. There have been periods in my life when my acne has been totally manageable, and other periods when it has been unbearable. I have tried almost everything except Accutane. The last few months my acne has been the worst I have ever experienced and I'm 31!!! I am back on spironolactone( 100 mg/day) since it worked for me in the past and because my acne is most definitely hormonal. I also just started epiduo, which I am applying every other night (trying to avoid the dryness I keep reading about). My dermatologist recommended getting on Birth control as well. BCPs helped with my acne years ago, but also made me gain weight. Does anyone have a recommendation on a oral contraceptive that works well to clear acne??

I'm really hoping everything starts kicking in soon. I know I'm looking at a month for spironolactone. right? I have also completely changed my diet and have eliminated gluten, diary, sugar, alcohol, coffee, etc. Which is hard because I love my wine :( Feeling extremely frustrated

I use Spiro coupled with Yasmin and have been on that for the last 4 months. it took me about 3 1/2 to really see consistently clearing skin. Yasmin has a similar effect on hormones as Spiro with androgen blocking and I find it beneficial to helping me since I also have PCOS. Many other women use Yaz in addition to Spiro. There is a list on here that I think Green Gables started that lists good and bad BCP for acne. Wishing you all the best in clearing!!

I am a 31 year old female and have been struggling with mild to moderate acne on and off since I was about 14. There have been periods in my life when my acne has been totally manageable, and other periods when it has been unbearable. I have tried almost everything except Accutane. The last few months my acne has been the worst I have ever experienced and I'm 31!!! I am back on spironolactone( 100 mg/day) since it worked for me in the past and because my acne is most definitely hormonal. I also just started epiduo, which I am applying every other night (trying to avoid the dryness I keep reading about). My dermatologist recommended getting on Birth control as well. BCPs helped with my acne years ago, but also made me gain weight. Does anyone have a recommendation on a oral contraceptive that works well to clear acne??

I'm really hoping everything starts kicking in soon. I know I'm looking at a month for spironolactone. right? I have also completely changed my diet and have eliminated gluten, diary, sugar, alcohol, coffee, etc. Which is hard because I love my wine Feeling extremely frustrated

hi toxic blondy, I've seen some improvements.... I'm not sure if its because of the diet, spironolactone, or epiduo that I started about a week ago. Its hard to tell. All I know is my face is so red from the epiduo and peeling.... I'm not sure if I should discontinue treatment and look for another topical...