Notifications
Clear all

Has Anyone Tried Clearly Natural Glycerine Soap?

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/24/2014 1:33 pm

I'm looking for something no-frills that won't break out my skin, dry me out, or have a ton of sketchy ingredients. I spotted Clearly Natural Pure Glycerine Soap at the store and thought it sounded nice and picked up a bar, as it was pretty inexpensive. The ingredients (in the unscented bar) are:

Glycerine, propylene glycol, sodium stearate, decyl glucoside, sorbitol, sodium oleate, sodium cocosulfate, sodium citrate.

A quick run on cosdna left glycerine and propylene glycol at a 0.

Has anyone tried this, or something similar?

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 04/28/2014 9:50 am

I guess no one else has tried it, haha. I'm going to add an update, in case anyone wants to search for it. I've been using it for 5 days and so far I have no new breakouts. I don't know if that's really attributied to the soap or my normal routine, but this is the first time I've had no actives in a while. The soap smells kinda strange, but I'm really liking it. It has a very small lather, and washes off well. It hasn't dried my skin out at all, and doesn't make me red. I'm planning to keep using it.

EDIT: grammar correction.

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 05/01/2014 9:47 am

It has been eight days and I haven't had a single new breakout! Not even a blackhead.

Fair warning: this soap will not remove your makeup very well. I use a makeup remover (DHC Deep Cleansing Oil) before I use this.

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 05/07/2014 10:11 am

This will probably be my last post on it, but I just wanted to add that it's been two full weeks and still no bumps! This is the longest I've gone without a breakout since highschool. My only complaints are that it doesn't remove makeup very well, and the bar gets quite slimy if you don't keep it on a soap saver. Other than that, I love it and will continue using it indefinitely.

MemberMember
(@stella28)

Posted : 05/13/2014 4:19 pm

Strange, but nice it works for you. Anyway everybody has different skin. My friend tried all kind of cremes and anti-acne chemical and therapeutic items but nothing helped, until he found a very effective natural soap abroad ( in Europe ) that - virtually within an eyeblink - ended all his year long misery.

MemberMember
(@sinderella)

Posted : 05/14/2014 10:19 am

Strange, but nice it works for you. Anyway everybody has different skin. My friend tried all kind of cremes and anti-acne chemical and therapeutic items but nothing helped, until he found a very effective natural soap abroad ( in Europe ) that - virtually within an eyeblink - ended all his year long misery.

That's how it worked for me. I bought it on a whim after being dried out to the hilt from acne treatments... and then my skin cleared pretty much overnight. I'm not sure if it's because my previous face wash was awful or what, but I haven't seen a single spot since I started using it. I'm 100% clear (well, with some scars that are healing), which I haven't been in years! You're right, everyone has different skin, so what worked for me might be terrible for someone else. I just wanted to offer up my experience :).