Notifications
Clear all

Epiduo Update Week 6 & 3 Days Into Week 7

MemberMember
(@katerinap)

Posted : 04/20/2014 9:28 pm

I am now into my 7th week of Epiduo.

About two days into the 6th week my skin looked sooo terrible. I had huge pimples and tons of breakouts. I thought my skin was about to get better but it just did a total 360. My skin was a little bit more red and drier. Towards the end of the week it started to clear up but I still have some of the scarring because the breakouts happened in clusters.

I ran out of my Loreal Paris Sensitive Skin face wash so I finally bought Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser and it has def helped with the dryness. I could tell a dif after two washes.

I am now 3 days into week 7 and my skin looks way better at this point then when I began the Epiduo treatment. I am amazed bc my skin hasn't been this clear since before I started college. I hope I don't jinx myself. I really hope that from this point on my skin continues to get better. It still has a few tiny pimples and one large pimple but they are under the skin. I have some scarring, but it can easily be covered with makeup.

If anyone is using Epiduo, give it some time. I was totally gonna give up on it at 8 weeks, but I am gonna stick it out for now. If it is not working by itself try asking your derm for a topical antibiotic to use during the day to help with the severity of the breakouts. I only use Epiduo, but I am just going by what my derm told me. I just have to be careful of what I used topical wise because I have ulcerative colitis, and I can't use oral meds or birth control.

AM ROUTINE:

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Pat Face to where it is still a little damp

Appy Covergirl Aquasmoothers Foundation or Covergirl Colorstay Foundation

PM ROUTINE:

Use Equate Makeup Wipes (at walmart--the ones out of the travel section work way better than the ones in the face wash section)

Wash with Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser

Pat Face to where it is still a little damp

Wait about 30 min to an 1 hr after shower to apply Epiduo....wait 30 min to 1 hr for it to soak in before going to bed

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 04/23/2014 7:13 am

pics of acne? Epiduo was usless for me, and so were antibiotics, id say my acne is moderate, im going on accutane, i know the side effects but there are too many positives like acne never coming back again.