Notifications
Clear all

What's A Good Probiotic?

MemberMember
(@stella-the-diver)

Posted : 04/17/2014 9:43 pm

I've been on antibiotic (Minocycline) for almost 4 months now. Since it's killing the good bacteria in my gut, what probiotic do you recommend to restore its balance? I used to take Bio-K in the past, I was thinking of going back to that.

I'm also planning to travel throughout south-east asia this summer, and I guess I'll be more prone to food poisoning because of the antibiotic (which is something I'm very paranoid about) . Can taking probiotics ahead of time and every day help prevent that? I'll also be careful when making eating choices anyway, but you never know.

Thanks

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 04/18/2014 2:47 am

Probiotics could have some prophylactic effect. Your best best would be something with S. boulardii and a bunch of lactobacilli or bifidobacteria. Higher numbers are more effective.

MemberMember
(@jari-litmanen)

Posted : 04/18/2014 3:19 am

You can't go wrong with Bio-Kult.

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/20/2014 10:06 pm

Good suggestions, although some people break out from those strands. In my opinion, starting with plain acidophilus (such as solgar's ) is fine to start with and then you can move on to billions and more strands.

PB8 (the veggie version) is pretty good too.

Doctors recommend phillips colon health probiotics when you are taking antibiotics, but some of the ingredients aren't the best for acne prone skin.