Notifications
Clear all

I'm A Teen And I Need Actual Help

MemberMember
(@acneproblem11)

Posted : 04/15/2014 11:50 pm

I currently have several brownish/redish marks left from acne (still acne prone and would like to mention that I've had moderate to severe acne) and I was wondering what I could do to combat the progressiveness of the darker skin. I want to stop it with due process, and although I wish it could be gone in a day... I know all methods require patience. Even though I have scarring I would be partly contempt with just dimming down the red and brown marks. Thank you and I hope any comments made can be constructive to find a solution for myself.

Also please note if you mention the uses of any products to be very specific so I can find them myself without having to go for days researching as to what it is and where to find it.

*I'll be uploading pictures soon sorry bad lighting currently

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 04/16/2014 3:41 am

I currently have several brownish/redish marks left from acne (still acne prone and would like to mention that I've had moderate to severe acne) and I was wondering what I could do to combat the progressiveness of the darker skin. I want to stop it with due process, and although I wish it could be gone in a day... I know all methods require patience. Even though I have scarring I would be partly contempt with just dimming down the red and brown marks. Thank you and I hope any comments made can be constructive to find a solution for myself.

Also please note if you mention the uses of any products to be very specific so I can find them myself without having to go for days researching as to what it is and where to find it.

Hi,

I know how you feel, I am currently dealing with quite a bit of hyper-pigmentation. But I have seen quite a bit of improvement myself in the past month.

It is a pretty slow journey. I don't use much topically, 1. because I have sensitive skin and I find that a lot of stuff that is meant to help actually just aggravates my skin and makes it more red and 2. I am worried about making my acne worse.

So a lot of people will tell you to exfoliate to help shed dead skin-but you don't want to do this too much because you'll just be taking away your skins natural barrier. Best to be a bit gentle. Maybe try some 100% pure aloe vera. I have heard its quite good.

I'm not sure why my pigmentation is going down. I can only really attribute it to my diet and lifestyle...and time.

-Make sure you're drinking between 2-3 litres of water per day (helps with shedding of dead skin and keeps you hydrated)

-Eat a really good balanced, whole foods diet (no sugary crap, no processed rubbish) Maybe try is figure out what your body doesn't like (ie. maybe you have an intolerance to gluten) If you haven't already, cut out dairy.

-Eat lots of fresh veg, try for raw if you can or lightly steamed (don't cook the shit out of it basically)

-don't go overboard on fruit-heaps of sugar there and you can get all your good stuff from vegetables

-Try incorporating some nuts (just a handful of mixed nuts a day), maybe some beans, brown rice, quinoa.

Consider some supplements

I take zinc, magnesium, calcium, vitamin d3, MSM and liver support right now. Do a bit of research on this sight.

(all this is based off my own diet and it'll totally suck for a while, most days you'll be like 'this is crap give me a damn cake!' but if you want something bad enough, that something being good skin, then you have to work for it)

The redness is inflammation, so incorporating anti-inflammatory foods (decaf green tea, oily fish, ginger, turmeric etc-do a quick Google search for more) and also limit your inflammatory foods (sugar, processed foods, dairy, red meats, anything you have an intolerance to)

All this will really help with your current acne problem too if you're still experiencing breakouts-if you are seriously cut out dairy, this causes lots of problems for most people with acne.

And also, people may not agree with me on this, but be really gentle with your skin. Resist the temptation to try a million different topicals that promise all sorts of things. If you want to use anything, go something 100% natural-or close too. (I don't have much experience in this area, still doing research)

Take a look at what cleanser you're using. I find that benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are pure evil for my skin. It just makes all my marks worse, makes my skin red and irritated and is too harsh and basically destroys my skins ability to heal itself.

So tone down the cleansing. Look for something natural and gentle. This site if full of great ideas from lots of people who know what they're talking about.

Be strong, stick to being healthy. And be patient.

Best of luck

MemberMember
(@apsroy)

Posted : 04/16/2014 8:35 am

Pure aloe vera does help most of the people who suffer from scarring or hyper pigmentation. Just make sure u r not allergic to it, or it will cause some extreme irritation and burning sensation, making ur skin flaky and dry....

U can also try skin lightening products, but make sure they match ur skin type, to avoid any chances of break out.

MemberMember
(@acneproblem11)

Posted : 04/17/2014 6:26 pm

Hi,

I know how you feel, I am currently dealing with quite a bit of hyper-pigmentation. But I have seen quite a bit of improvement myself in the past month.

It is a pretty slow journey. I don't use much topically, 1. because I have sensitive skin and I find that a lot of stuff that is meant to help actually just aggravates my skin and makes it more red and 2. I am worried about making my acne worse.

So a lot of people will tell you to exfoliate to help shed dead skin-but you don't want to do this too much because you'll just be taking away your skins natural barrier. Best to be a bit gentle. Maybe try some 100% pure aloe vera. I have heard its quite good.

I'm not sure why my pigmentation is going down. I can only really attribute it to my diet and lifestyle...and time.

-Make sure you're drinking between 2-3 litres of water per day (helps with shedding of dead skin and keeps you hydrated)

-Eat a really good balanced, whole foods diet (no sugary crap, no processed rubbish) Maybe try is figure out what your body doesn't like (ie. maybe you have an intolerance to gluten) If you haven't already, cut out dairy.

-Eat lots of fresh veg, try for raw if you can or lightly steamed (don't cook the shit out of it basically)

-don't go overboard on fruit-heaps of sugar there and you can get all your good stuff from vegetables

-Try incorporating some nuts (just a handful of mixed nuts a day), maybe some beans, brown rice, quinoa.

Consider some supplements

I take zinc, magnesium, calcium, vitamin d3, MSM and liver support right now. Do a bit of research on this sight.

(all this is based off my own diet and it'll totally suck for a while, most days you'll be like 'this is crap give me a damn cake!' but if you want something bad enough, that something being good skin, then you have to work for it)

The redness is inflammation, so incorporating anti-inflammatory foods (decaf green tea, oily fish, ginger, turmeric etc-do a quick Google search for more) and also limit your inflammatory foods (sugar, processed foods, dairy, red meats, anything you have an intolerance to)

All this will really help with your current acne problem too if you're still experiencing breakouts-if you are seriously cut out dairy, this causes lots of problems for most people with acne.

And also, people may not agree with me on this, but be really gentle with your skin. Resist the temptation to try a million different topicals that promise all sorts of things. If you want to use anything, go something 100% natural-or close too. (I don't have much experience in this area, still doing research)

Take a look at what cleanser you're using. I find that benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid are pure evil for my skin. It just makes all my marks worse, makes my skin red and irritated and is too harsh and basically destroys my skins ability to heal itself.

So tone down the cleansing. Look for something natural and gentle. This site if full of great ideas from lots of people who know what they're talking about.

Be strong, stick to being healthy. And be patient.

Best of luck

A very big THANK YOU first off for your reply, I've taken notes of some of the major things you pointed out and I've adjusted my diet (cut out some unnecessary junk, slowly but surely). Along with that I believe I intake the needed amount of water (it's all I drink), and the supplement I'm not quite sure on exactly what would be the most important ones to get my hands on any suggestions?

Also, I've basically cut out all topical gels from my life (apart from the treating the occasional pimple with benzoyl peroxide), all I do now is lightly exfoliate in the morning (need more tips on what to do with exfoliating honestly), and at night just gently wash my face with the acne.org product