Notifications
Clear all

Getting Accutane/ Acne Journey

MemberMember
(@jimsport)

Posted : 04/15/2014 7:27 am

Well about a year ago i decided i wanted to get rid of my acne once and for all as i had already had it for a few years, and it was just constant, face seemed to be always red and it just didnt seem to ever clear up, id always wash my face ect. Went to the doctor, got prescribed so minocyclin and epiduo, used them for a while, had an infection on my chest which it actually cleared up, but for my acne nothing much, then went back and got doxyclin, used it for ages as its meant to be long term, nothing tbh i swear minocyclin actually kinda helped a tiny bit. Went back again and now ive been told to see a dermatologist im guessing that ill be prescribed acctuane, howver it is a reallllllly long wait like another 2 months to get in, already waited a month, i just want to start the process already!

Is there anything else i can do for my acne??? Or even get into see a derm quicker or any other ways to get prescribed accutane??

MemberMember
(@jmikem)

Posted : 04/15/2014 9:14 am

Well about a year ago i decided i wanted to get rid of my acne once and for all as i had already had it for a few years, and it was just constant, face seemed to be always red and it just didnt seem to ever clear up, id always wash my face ect. Went to the doctor, got prescribed so minocyclin and epiduo, used them for a while, had an infection on my chest which it actually cleared up, but for my acne nothing much, then went back and got doxyclin, used it for ages as its meant to be long term, nothing tbh i swear minocyclin actually kinda helped a tiny bit. Went back again and now ive been told to see a dermatologist im guessing that ill be prescribed acctuane, howver it is a reallllllly long wait like another 2 months to get in, already waited a month, i just want to start the process already!

Is there anything else i can do for my acne??? Or even get into see a derm quicker or any other ways to get prescribed accutane??

Hi there my friend,

I can remember this time last year I was in the same boat as you. I had tried doxycycline and other antibiotics which worked for a while but then stopped working. My dermatologist told me that once I had completed my doxycyclline course of 2 months that he would put me on accutane. I had my doubts about accutane and plenty of time to think decide whether I really wanted to go for it, but I can honestly tell you it was one of the best decisions I made.

To alleviate the eagerness of waiting to start accutane, I suggest in the meantime that you just drink plenty of water and try to get sufficient sleep.

But my main advice to you is to just sit tight and hold in there! I know that 2 months may seem like forever and will drag on, but once you have started your first course on accutane you will realise just as I did that the wait is worth it. I was also eager to start the process and sick to death of waiting, but it all pays off my friend.

All I can say to you is, good things come to those who wait 😉

All the best!

J