Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey Forum

Im here to share my experience post accutane hairloss.

This is for the people stressed and frantically googling for help like i was.

I started accutane in 2012 may and took a dosage of average 40mg over 9 months, 2 months after the treatment i started shedding.

The shedding started slowly at first ranging from 5-10 frizzy hairs falling out, increasing to 50 in month 2-5 and at month 6 i started loosing close to 200.

Heres what ive observed

-The hairloss is all over, not just my scalp (those counted above are scalp) ive lost hair from legs,arms, eyebrows, pubic region and under my armpits

-The hairloss for me followed a diffuse pattern to a small degree, the rest was the same pattern as MPB (before you lecture me, there is no MPB for atleast 4 generations in both sides of my family).

- Increased testosterone did shedd me more, those of you body building, creatine increased my testo and thus increased my hair loss (both Mono,Pure and HCL creatines did this).

-Taking Flaxseed did nothing

-Masturbation increased oil and test thus hairloss, especially eye brow loss (not sure why,just what i observed).

-I started immediately with Biotin at 25mg, it did nothing, i bumped hard to 20 000mg a day about 5 months ago and it has helped the health of my hair and slightly decrease the rate of shedding i believe.

Heres the golden ticket:

For me there was heaps of dandruff and red inflammation (itchy scalp, the occasion zit in the hairline), my scalp was irritated, it got the the point where i would itch and loose 10 or so when i ran my hands through my hair.

Nizoral 2% is an anti dandruff shampoo, it solved the irritation instantly, as that happened my lose dropped from 200 to 10 a day.

In saying that i still loss hair today almost 2 years on, but its controled now.

Hope this helps.

Franks