Notifications
Clear all

Can I Just Wash My Face With Normal Water ?

MemberMember
(@pizzafaceboy)

Posted : 04/14/2014 6:16 pm

I need a break from using cleansers/ mosturizers as my face is insanely dry if i use cleanser so i was wondering if it would be fine to just wash my face in the morning with water? Will it give me acne? By not cleaning my face?

MemberMember
(@katerinap)

Posted : 04/14/2014 7:52 pm

If you are using a retinoid I would think it would be important to wash your face with a cleanser. Have you tried Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser or Cereve Moisturizing Wash? If your retinoid or acne meds are not that thick on your face then I don't think there would be a problem with you washing your face with just water. I have heard of people doing it bc of how dry their skin is and it didn't make them break out or break out worse. I would say go for it but make sure the water is luke warm and you wash your face pretty good to get the dirt and oils off. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@streetwaver)

Posted : 04/14/2014 10:45 pm

I would use something simple but gentle like charcoal soap and make sure to moisturize plenty and use sunscreen afterwards.

MemberMember
(@doctorbrenda)

Posted : 04/16/2014 12:00 am

If your face is very dry, you should avoid using a stringent. Over washing with an astringent, particularly something with alcohol, will over-dry your skin and actually make your acne worse. I suggest using Dove soap, fragrance free, and just plain water and a wash cloth. Wash your face one in the morning and once again in the evening before bed. And don't forget to regularly wash your pillows.