Notifications
Clear all

Feeling Very Down

MemberMember
(@ihateacne1995)

Posted : 04/11/2014 1:41 pm

So i been feeling really down lately. I'm 19 and still have acne. i got it around 14. it never was really bad but still enough to ruin self confidence. I have two older brothers that are 21 and 23 and are perfectly clear with a occasional pimple but the 'outgrew' it by 19. my parents keep telling me to stop using anything and leave it alone and it'll go away.(my brothers never used any products) but they did have it just as bad as me if not a little worse. i eat so healthy fruits, veggies, fish, a lot of water. i wash with a dove sensitive skin soap, and also started drinking ACV swell as using it as a toner, i mosturise with cerve. i did get somewhat clear these past 3 months with salicylic acid peel 20% but i stopped that when i went to visit a friend in CA. i was super clear there since i went to the beach and got tan. i was clear through out the 2 weeks and then i came back to NY and i broke out bad around my mouth. i was wondering if maybe it can be the weather change 70-80s to 30-40s? does any one have any tips? i always pray to God for him to help me but am losing faith:(

also it sucks to be the only one with acne out of my friends:( seems lie 90% of the world has clear skin

MemberMember
(@winenotwhine)

Posted : 04/11/2014 3:52 pm

Try not to feel so bad. I know it can very frustrating at times. Are you a female? I know that I break out around my mouth area (especially chin) when I am ovulating or right before my period. Climate change can also affect your skin!

Acne is genetic. Have your parents had acne?

Have you tried the Acne.org regimen? Benzoyl Peroxide has done wonders for people with light acne to even the toughest acne, cystic. Right now you can order the Regiment for FREE with just a $5 for the shipping. I urge you to give it a try and follow the instructions CAREFULLY.

I hope you feel better! :( I know it can feel very frustrating at times and I know how it feels! But know there is always a solution.

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 04/11/2014 4:15 pm

Try not to feel so bad. I know it can very frustrating at times. Are you a female? I know that I break out around my mouth area (especially chin) when I am ovulating or right before my period. Climate change can also affect your skin!

Have you tried the Acne.org regimen? Benzoyl Peroxide has done wonders for people with light acne to even the toughest acne, cystic. Right now you can order the Regiment for FREE with just a $5 for the shipping. I urge you to give it a try and follow the instructions CAREFULLY.

I hope you feel better! I know it can feel very frustrating at times and I know how it feels! But know there is always a solution.

Not only is it genetic but it's hormonal! Lots of things you can do to help 'balance' your hormones out since unbalanced hormones and sensitive androgens are horrible pairs.. We're unlucky but we (male and female) grow out of acne in your early 20's.

Diet

Stress

Mental Excercise

Excercise...

are the easiest ways to tackle acne, along with moisturizer (joboba, hemp rose, etc), I wouldn't even recommend a cleanser you could just use oil as a face wash ;)

MemberMember
(@ihateacne1995)

Posted : 04/11/2014 4:18 pm

I hope you feel better! I know it can feel very frustrating at times and I know how it feels! But know there is always a solution.

hey thanks for the reply. i am a male. and i was always thinking about trying the regimen bet the thing is that I'm afraid that i will have to use it for the rest of my life. lol I'm afraid that it will prevent me from 'outgrowing' it, because of the benzyol peroxide being addictive. my parents say that they did have it but now they are clear. Well i think my mom gets one or two around her time? but she also has a horrible diet and eats chocolate lol. and i have seen a post once saying women are most likely to have acne in adulthood rather then men..

MemberMember
(@anthonykell)

Posted : 04/12/2014 5:25 am

Hi,

Try to stay positive. Having a positive outlook and trying to stress less about acne has a lot to say in helping clear acne.

Have you tried varying you routine every so slightly? I would give it a shot. One product might not be suitable for you, but another brand/product may help. It's about finding a good balance for you.

Try altering your moisturiser. Try it for a month and see if it's better, worse or had no effect. If worse, revert back to what you were doing before and change something else. This is exactly what I did to become acne-free. But you must be patient.

MemberMember
(@lyannastark)

Posted : 04/13/2014 3:01 am

Don't lose hope! It's a matter of finding the right products that'll work for you!

Through my teens I'd get so annoyed that I was doing the whole cleanse/tone/moisturize routine twice a day and still having breakouts, when my sister never even washed her face at night but still had good skin. No fair! It's taken years to find something that works, currently i'm halfway through a Roaccutane prescription and so far so good.. Roaccutane might not be the one for you but as the poster above mentioned, change your routine a bit and soon you will find a product that will work for you. I noticed my acne get worse too when I moved to a warmer climate so it might be a cause. Remember to drink a lot of water as well :)

Best of luck. Remember you're not alone!!

MemberMember
(@lovelyplot)

Posted : 04/13/2014 10:38 pm

If your skin got clear when you were in CA in the sun then you could be deficient in vitamin d, start taking 2,000-5,000 iu's a day of vitamin d3, it can take a few months to completely clear you. I've been taking it for almost 2 months and my acne is probably 70% better

MemberMember
(@ihateacne1995)

Posted : 04/16/2014 9:12 am

Don't lose hope! It's a matter of finding the right products that'll work for you!

Through my teens I'd get so annoyed that I was doing the whole cleanse/tone/moisturize routine twice a day and still having breakouts, when my sister never even washed her face at night but still had good skin. No fair! It's taken years to find something that works, currently i'm halfway through a Roaccutane prescription and so far so good.. Roaccutane might not be the one for you but as the poster above mentioned, change your routine a bit and soon you will find a product that will work for you. I noticed my acne get worse too when I moved to a warmer climate so it might be a cause. Remember to drink a lot of water as well

Best of luck. Remember you're not alone!!

yeah i use to drink about cups off water but since i been going to the gym, i boosted it up to a gallon. i kinda got it in control with a salicylic acid peel but what do you think, will i outgrow it anytime soon? its kinda rare for a adult male to have acne.. its more common for women i feel like.

If your skin got clear when you were in CA in the sun then you could be deficient in vitamin d, start taking 2,000-5,000 iu's a day of vitamin d3, it can take a few months to completely clear you. I've been taking it for almost 2 months and my acne is probably 70% better

yeah i will check that out. i also think the combo of sun and salt water is what helped since i was out in the beach every saturday.

MemberMember
(@username110)

Posted : 04/16/2014 11:33 am

took about 3 weeks but what worked really well for me is -

vitamins

non comedogenic soap (i use pears soap)

no milk/soya

no benzoyl Peroxide

small amount of sudocrem

- protect yourself from the sun to let your post acne marks/redness heal & fade.

ive got some post acne marks (hyperpigmentation) but i'm a lot happier.