Notifications
Clear all

Really Just Need Help

MemberMember
(@brokenconfidence)

Posted : 04/09/2014 12:55 am

7 months ago I shaved near some of my facial hair because I was paranoid you could see it. I am a 22yr old girl. The next day itchy whiteheads showed up. I ignored them and washed my face with a soap as usual. A month or two went by and they were still there and then they started spreading. Then they some started turning into these white/yellowish pus tips. They eventually would pop on there own like if i was patting my face. They leave these awful marks and some have left holes. Some whiteheads have also turned into like big hard lumps and some into these squishy big red bumps. I've practically tried every acne product on the market and nothing has worked got prescribed minocycline not working. What is this and what can I do? Can't see a dermatologist until May.

Update: 4-16-2014

Still taking minocycline. Got prescribed tretinoin 0.25%. So far doesn't seem to be helping.

whiteheads spreading from the area and reacurring from where I shaved and they itch.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 04/09/2014 5:50 am

Sounds like folliculitis if you got them after shaving. First, stop shaving that area if you still are. If you've tried acne treatments and they didn't help that area you could try applying an antibiotic cream and/or washing that area with one of the dandruff shampoos that contain selenium sulfide.

MemberMember
(@brokenconfidence)

Posted : 04/10/2014 11:51 pm

Yeah I was thinking after researching, that it was some form of folliculitis. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's that.

And if anyone has good suggestions on helping diminish the appearance of acne marks and scars. I'm all ears. I've been using mederma and I just bought mederma pm as well.

I saw my doctor again (not a dermatologist) and he keeps insisting it's acne from hormones but it like only in the areas where i shaved and it's been spreading from those areas .anyway he did prescribe me tretinoin. Anyone know if that will help folliculitis?

and that one day was the only day I shaved i completely did not do it again. because the next day i knew those white bumps showed up from shaving cuz i had clear clear skin. i figured they would just go away but *sigh* have not.

I'm also like a bit crazy after researching folliculitis since there are so many forms of it. I'm not sure if it's caused by staph or fungal or what not.

Ever since I started taking the minocycline I have noticed the whiteheads getting bigger, flarring up, turning into those squishy bumps, some hard bumps, pustules.

MemberMember
(@kamiekirk)

Posted : 04/11/2014 5:45 am

Have you tried a cortisol cream or triple antibiotic cream to reduce inflammation?

MemberMember
(@brokenconfidence)

Posted : 04/16/2014 11:56 pm

My doctor has me on minocylcine pills and a few weeks ago gave me tretinoin cream. It might be to early to tell but so far looks like none of it is helping :\

The whiteheads keep spreading from that area and they are itchy but I don't scratch them.