Notifications
Clear all

Absorica Medication

MemberMember
(@jtl666)

Posted : 04/08/2014 6:16 pm

Hello, I have a few questions about absorica. I did some research but found out very little because it seems to be a new isotretinoin that was release during 2013 and I am curious about it.

My story is I was forced to change from using clavaris to absorica because there seems to be a recall of the product and there is no release date. I am down to my last week of pills and my pharmacist told me about this brand. I have listed my questions below:

Is it a brand name or a generic of accutane?

is it really the same as clavaris or the other generic brand?

Has anyone used it, can you tell me your results?

Is it really better than clavaris or the other generic brand because during my research it was stated a few time that it is better with absorption and no long term breakout after finishing the medication process?

Will there be a negative side effect from switching from clavaris to absorica?

If you have used it will it be the same six month process?

Anyone know the price of Absorica without insurance coverage?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/08/2014 7:28 pm

Hello, I have a few questions about absorica. I did some research but found out very little because it seems to be a new isotretinoin that was release during 2013 and I am curious about it.

My story is I was forced to change from using clavaris to absorica because there seems to be a recall of the product and there is no release date. I am down to my last week of pills and my pharmacist told me about this brand. I have listed my questions below:

Is it really better than clavaris or the other generic brand because during my research it was stated a few time that it is better with absorption and no long term breakout after finishing the medication process?

I just got off Absorica was on it 7 months. Its a brand name which is new like you said. The difference is that it absorbs better than the generic version because you do not have to take it with a high fat meal. I would say its better just for that reason. The better its absorbed the better the results. There wont be any negative side effects from switching because all in all its the same drug. The price is going to be alot more than a generic brand like Clavaris.

MemberMember
(@jtl666)

Posted : 04/14/2014 4:47 pm

Well my insurance was going to cover it for 6 months. So it was a full 7 months instead of the 6 months?

One more question since you had taken clavaris and absorica. Do you think absorica's effect is better or its the same result?

Well my insurance was going to cover it for 6 months. So it was a full 7 months instead of the 6 months?

One more question since you had taken clavaris and absorica. Do you think absorica's effect is better or its the same result?

MemberMember
(@cw24)

Posted : 04/14/2014 6:15 pm

>

I just got off Absorica was on it 7 months. Its a brand name which is new like you said. The difference is that it absorbs better than the generic version because you do not have to take it with a high fat meal. I would say its better just for that reason. The better its absorbed the better the results. There wont be any negative side effects from switching because all in all its the same drug. The price is going to be alot more than a generic brand like Clavaris.

It all depends on your dosage and how you respond etc to determine how long youll be on it. But Yes mine was 7 months long. Ive only been off a month so it kind of early to tell but I would say it is better because you can take less and your body absorbs it better than the other brands. Not sure about long term yet though.

MemberMember
(@jtl666)

Posted : 04/14/2014 6:20 pm

Do you know if absorica can be a substitute to other accutane prescription. I am taking clavaris and because of a recall of the 30mg product I am being force to switch to amnesteem but it seems like they only have Zenatane. After doing some research and your personal experience I am thinking about asking my dermtalogist to change to absorica but is absorica a suitable substitute?

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 04/14/2014 10:41 pm

JTL - Be assured that Absorica is the same or better than generic versions. Basically it's all the same drug - isotretinoin. 40 mg of isotretinoin in a 40 mg dose of Absorica, Zenatane, Claravis, whateverthetane, etc, etc. You are likely to attain the exact same results from any one of them. They all come in various dosages.

The only difference with Absorica is that it's in a different vehicle. Meaning that the goo that the drug is in inside the pill is a different sort of goo. The makers claim that their goo makes it so the drug is absorbed better when not taken with food. It's still always better to take it with food, even on Absorica anyway. Isotretinion is NOT well absorbed without food, which is why the makers of Absorica have patented this new brand.

Absorica is an as good or better option to generic brands in terms of efficacy (how well it works). However, a person who has no issues with eating a fatty meal might save money using a generic and achieve the same results.

Either way, it's fine.