Absorica

MemberMember
(@jtl666)

Posted : 04/08/2014 5:48 pm

Hello, I have a few questions about absorica. I did some research but found out very little because it seems to be a new isotretinoin that was release during 2013 and I am curious about it.

My story is I was forced to change from using clavaris to absorica because there seems to be a recall of the product and there is no release date. I am down to my last week of pills and my pharmacist told me about this brand. I have listed my questions below:

Is it a brand name or a generic of accutane?

is it really the same as clavaris or the other generic brand?

Has anyone used it, can you tell me your results?

Is it really better than clavaris or the other generic brand because during my research it was stated a few time that it is better with absorption and no long term breakout after finishing the medication process?

Will there be a negative side effect from switching from clavaris to absorica?

If you have used it will it be the same six month process?

Anyone know the price of Absorica without insurance coverage?

MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 04/08/2014 7:42 pm

Is it a brand name or a generic of accutane?

It is a brand name. You cannot get a generic version. It is made in such a way that the absorption is better when taken fasting (not with food). Accutane is meant to be taken with a very fatty meal, and the absorption is not great if you do not take it this way. Absorica, on the other hand, is absorbed well without a meal. HOWEVER - it is NOT more effective that regular Accutane (or the generic) when taken as advised (with a fatty meal). My dermatologist thinks it's just a way for the big pharma companies to make us keep buying brand name versions when generic versions are available. I don't like fatty meals. So she let me try it.

is it really the same as clavaris or the other generic brand?

See above. It is THE SAME when both are taken as directed. It is ABSORBED BETTER when both are taken when fasting (not with food).

Has anyone used it, can you tell me your results?

I use it. I like that I don't have to worry as much about when I take it or how much I've eaten. I also found that some of my side effects (particularly rashes) decreased when using Absorica. My results (no acne) were just as good.

Is it really better than clavaris or the other generic brand because during my research it was stated a few time that it is better with absorption and no long term breakout after finishing the medication process?

I don't know what your second point is referencing, but I think I answered the first one. There is no research to show that people who take it are less likely to experience relapse. The theory is that people who take it MAY be less likely to experience relapse, because they will be less likely to experience absorption issues if they don't take it with a big fatty meal. To my knowledge, there is NO research supporting this yet. Let me know if you find some!

Will there be a negative side effect from switching from clavaris to absorica?

I did this switch and I seem to be fine. SO FAR! HA HA HA! Just kidding. I'm fine.

If you have used it will it be the same six month process?

Yes. Exactly the same as whatever dose you would have taken on any other brand or generic.

Anyone know the price of Absorica without insurance coverage?

No. I am Canadian. WE PAY FOR NOTHING! And it is very cold here.

Hope that helps!

JTL666 liked
MemberMember
(@jtl666)

Posted : 04/14/2014 6:34 pm

Very helpful and informative. Thank you,