Notifications
Clear all

Subcision - Suction Question For Dr Appt...

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/07/2014 1:56 pm

Hi all,

Have a derm apt later this week.

Good derm who gave me a subcision followed by artfill 1 month later about 2 years ago

Then a month later gave me an autologous plasma/hca filler mix.

Improvement level = about 30%.

So I'm going back to her later this week.

I respect her especially since she refused to do anything for me until she first did subcision, (this

as before I knew about subcision).

Now looking for more improvement and since I heard it often takes a few subcisions for correction

of depressed acne scars we'll see what she says.

Now that aside, I have been researching and looking at the benefit of even further and more

improvement of "Suction" combined with subcision. Suction started on 3rd day after subcision

and done every other day for two weeks seems to be the protocol for the subcision - suction method.

Here's my real question though: no dr's basically offering this that I can find and the suctioning technically creates

temporary hematomas.

I seriously have doubts my dr would prescribe to this method, hmm?

DOES ANYONE HERE HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS AND/OR CONFRONTING

THEIR DR ABOUT IT??

Thanks in advance to all feedback.

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/07/2014 6:22 pm

the suction method is proven to work.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20553364

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/07/2014 6:51 pm

Skull,

I agree.

My question is kind of how i would do suction:

I assume i would have to tell dr i plan to do after subcision (saying she agrees to subcision of course). I order the kit on owndoc or some place like that and just do it.

Anyone else here have dr performed subcision and do their own suctioning after??

Ty for your response previously skull :-)

MemberMember
(@mr-matt)

Posted : 04/07/2014 7:35 pm

I combined suctioning with subcision after my fourth subcision treatment. My doctor did not offer suctioning as part of the after-care, so I used a hand held Orec vacuum sweeper nozzle to my face and suctioned my face twice a day beginning after the third day if I remember correctly.

It was highly effective and amazed my doctor. However, it did result in prolonged bruising which ended up being a good thing. I had large bump on my left cheek and one on my right cheek which lasted for weeks. However, the scars on my left cheek never reappeared much to my amazement. With the previous subcision treatments, the scars would reappear at various depths after a week or so and then fill in to various degrees.

I regret that I had not known about suctioning when I had my first subcision treatment done. I encourage you to find some type of suctioning device online or improvise like I did - it made a huge difference and I have never regretted the decision to use it.

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/07/2014 7:58 pm

Mr. Matt,

Thank you very kindly for your response with good info

. I have gotten

good info from your posts on

this forum as i think many here can attest to as well.

I wanted to tell you this for a while so here goes:

You are a true asset and a great person for all the help

you have provided and continue to provide in this forum for peoples quest to heal themselves. God bless you brother!

MemberMember
(@blahblahblahblahz)

Posted : 04/07/2014 10:47 pm

LOL... Plus one for sheer resourcefulness and ingenuity with the vacuum. I think owndoc has a suction made specifically for scars and is quite cheap.

I combined suctioning with subcision after my fourth subcision treatment. My doctor did not offer suctioning as part of the after-care, so I used a hand held Orec vacuum sweeper nozzle to my face and suctioned my face twice a day beginning after the third day if I remember correctly.

It was highly effective and amazed my doctor. However, it did result in prolonged bruising which ended up being a good thing. I had large bump on my left cheek and one on my right cheek which lasted for weeks. However, the scars on my left cheek never reappeared much to my amazement. With the previous subcision treatments, the scars would reappear at various depths after a week or so and then fill in to various degrees.

I regret that I had not known about suctioning when I had my first subcision treatment done. I encourage you to find some type of suctioning device online or improvise like I did - it made a huge difference and I have never regretted the decision to use it.

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/09/2014 1:40 pm

Matt or others;

I was told to use arnica to help prevent bruising before and after subcsion. It really kept bruised look down in that regard. Anyone else try that?

MemberMember
(@zen9821)

Posted : 04/10/2014 9:04 am

I just heard today a new jersey derm telling his patients to take baby aspirin

For 1 week before subcision.

He says this puts a layer above scars and increases collagen. Anyone ever done this?