Notifications
Clear all

Is A Red Dented Scar Still Healing?

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 04/07/2014 2:27 am

I have heard that if a dented acne scar is still red, then it means its still healing.

Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 04/07/2014 11:18 am

I don't think so. I have some small holes and they have been red for + 1yr

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 04/07/2014 1:31 pm

yes it means it is still healing depends on how long its been there too

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 04/07/2014 5:37 pm

yes it means it is still healing depends on how long its been there too

Well I've only been getting the breakouts for about 4-5 months.

I had a lot of redness and in the past 2 weeks its been going away and I've noticed in harsh overhead lighting that my cheeks are dented.

The dents are still red.

Is is possible that the dents may heal flatter?

Is there anything I should be using to help them heal better and flatten out?

Thanks for any advice everyone

I don't think so. I have some small holes and they have been red for + 1yr

Oh ok.

Did you ever do anything when they were new to try to heal them?

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/07/2014 6:20 pm

these type of topics need pics so someone can analyze the skin. everyone is different, redness could be for a number of reasons. if you want a better answer, post pics..

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 04/08/2014 1:43 am

these type of topics need pics so someone can analyze the skin. everyone is different, redness could be for a number of reasons. if you want a better answer, post pics..

I would post a pic but it is really hard to get one that shows them properly. Its really hard to see the actual dent because they're red-I think it makes them look a lot worse than maybe they are...

I could post one wearing make-up, where the redness is gone but then I don't know if that fills them in a bit or accentuates them.

Should I maybe go to my family GP and get their opinion?

Maybe get a referral to a dermatologist?

MemberMember
(@shelbyville)

Posted : 04/08/2014 5:03 am

I have small ice pick scars. In the first months they were bright red (bloody red) but then it began to fade and now 1 year later I'm stuck with this residual red (more like a reddish discoloration). The scars can take from 6 months to 1 year to fully heal but then again you have another 1 year of scar tissue remodeling.

My scars have healed a long time ago but they are still red.

While they are healing the best thing you could do is to assure they have all the supplements required for maximum healing. Eat well, keep your body hydrated and consider some vitamin supplents. (vitamin C and msm have good results)

MemberMember
(@skullkid87)

Posted : 04/08/2014 1:11 pm

I would post a pic but it is really hard to get one that shows them properly. Its really hard to see the actual dent because they're red-I think it makes them look a lot worse than maybe they are...

I could post one wearing make-up, where the redness is gone but then I don't know if that fills them in a bit or accentuates them.

Should I maybe go to my family GP and get their opinion?

Maybe get a referral to a dermatologist?

if they cant even show up in a picture, it might just be all in your head about how bad it is.

MemberMember
(@roseoralilly)

Posted : 04/08/2014 7:33 pm

I have small ice pick scars. In the first months they were bright red (bloody red) but then it began to fade and now 1 year later I'm stuck with this residual red (more like a reddish discoloration). The scars can take from 6 months to 1 year to fully heal but then again you have another 1 year of scar tissue remodeling.

My scars have healed a long time ago but they are still red.

While they are healing the best thing you could do is to assure they have all the supplements required for maximum healing. Eat well, keep your body hydrated and consider some vitamin supplents. (vitamin C and msm have good results)

So your pitted/dented scars did heal overtime? But remained red?

Does the 'scar tissue remodeling' make them worse, or is that hem healing?

Sorry if I seem so dense about all this.

I started taking MSM powder the other day because I read its good for the skin.

I will certainly look into supplements for healing and also some vitamin c cream or serum to apply topically.

Thanks for your help