Notifications
Clear all

Accutane Experience

MemberMember
(@cooluncle)

Posted : 04/03/2014 12:32 pm

So, I'm making this post because I recently finished my 6 months Accutane treatment and I promised myself this is what I will do if this treatment works. Well, it worked and my skin looks... unbelievable.

Hoping that my experience will help others as well, I only want to emphasise that if you ever consider taking Accutane, my advice is that you should do it. I had a nasty case of acne but Accutane made it go away in no time. This really is a wonder medication.

Make sure you read all the incredible useful information on this site that helped me very much and consult a dermatologist before you start the treatment. You won't regret it, I promise.

MemberMember
(@guzzi33)

Posted : 04/03/2014 7:09 pm

Thanks mate, im currently taking Oratane (the australian veriosn of accutane).

How bad was your acne? Do you have any before and after pics?

MemberMember
(@cooluncle)

Posted : 04/04/2014 11:11 am

I used Accutane as a general term because it's better known but it's the active ingredient, isotetrinoin, that really matters.

In my case, I took Roaccutane for 3 months then switched to Sotret (my country's version of Accutane/Roaccutane) because it's much cheaper and has the same effect. I did extend my treatment with 2 weeks (10% of the Sotret dose) as a method of precaution. My dermatologist said that the generic brand can only differ from the original drug by up to 10% but there is no proof really.

I don't have any before and after pictures because I didn't feel comfortable taking any pictures of my face acne as it was, as my dermatologist said, "a nasty case". Now, however, it looks unbelievable, like I never had anything like that.

MemberMember
(@joey231)

Posted : 04/04/2014 1:31 pm

I second that,you should use it..i am on my 2nd month of accutane and it is already getting a lot better..my doctor said one more month and i'll be clean :) can't wait ...go for it, the side effects are nothing compared to acne itself.

MemberMember
(@cooluncle)

Posted : 04/06/2014 11:33 am

It took me a while to find this but for those who are already taking Accutane or considering taking it, make sure to check this topic as well.

The attached PDF document pretty much answered all of my questions before I started the treatment and I continued to check it anytime I needed a quick explanation. It also offers clarification of how a treatment usually undergoes.