Notifications
Clear all

School Trip - Bad Acne - No Makeup! D:

MemberMember
(@donkof)

Posted : 04/01/2014 9:11 am

Hey guys! I just wanted to get your opinions on this, as we are probably all in the same boat

I have been on 20mg of accutane a day, for 5 weeks and for 4 days I've been on around 30mg a day as my derm recommended

My skin has improved a lot but it's still very red and has a few active spots

In 2 weeks I am going away on a school trip for over a week!! No one from school has ever seen me without make up on and make up is the only thing that helps with my confidence, kinda like a safety blanket... So I'm really nervous about going, because all the other girls going have perfect skin and I don't want anyone to think of me differently I just pray that by week 8 (when i go) all the active spots have gone...

does anyone have any tips that they can share to help raise confidence when not wearing make up or even some of your own personal stories??

MemberMember
(@lighthousesrule27)

Posted : 04/03/2014 10:30 pm

Try not to freak out =/ I get it. I do. I know it doesn't help much but dude...a few red marks are not going to make people run at you with pitch forks. =P But as for raising confidence...it sounds like your acne is doing a lot better! That should be grounds for you to feel more confident right there! Also..everyone, and I mean Everyone has insecurities. Yours might be your skin, another girl might be worried about her weight, one might think her nose is too big...I don't know. But you're human. Laugh, smile, don't call attention to it and no one else will either. I went on a trip to New York once my senior year of high school when my acne was at it's worst. Ruined my trip thinking about my face. Don't let that happen to you!

I am really glad that Accutane is working for you though! Here's hoping you have a great time on your trip! hifive.gif

MemberMember
(@donkof)

Posted : 04/04/2014 3:56 am

Try not to freak out =/ I get it. I do. I know it doesn't help much but dude...a few red marks are not going to make people run at you with pitch forks. =P But as for raising confidence...it sounds like your acne is doing a lot better! That should be grounds for you to feel more confident right there! Also..everyone, and I mean Everyone has insecurities. Yours might be your skin, another girl might be worried about her weight, one might think her nose is too big...I don't know. But you're human. Laugh, smile, don't call attention to it and no one else will either. I went on a trip to New York once my senior year of high school when my acne was at it's worst. Ruined my trip thinking about my face. Don't let that happen to you!

I am really glad that Accutane is working for you though! Here's hoping you have a great time on your trip! hifive.gif

Thank you so much! That's one of the best pieces of advice I've ever received