Notifications
Clear all

My Emotional/mental Stress Over Acne

MemberMember
(@pizzafaceboy)

Posted : 04/01/2014 1:13 am

I am currently using the DKR regimen, and it has improved my face ALOT since i stated. But my life is so revolved around obession of my face, i literally cannot touch my face at any cost afraid of getting bacteria on my skin and thus getting acne, i avoid people touching my face, avoid my clothing touching my face, avoid dust touching my face, avoid my own hands touching my face. I have a problem, i need advice. Does anyone experience this, i avoid otuching my face at all cost , i can't ever touch it NO MATTER HOW ITCHY MY FACE IS i avoid dust, i avoid everything i need help. Pleas.se

MemberMember
(@bacardi151rum)

Posted : 04/01/2014 1:38 am

Hey there,

Funny how someone like you posted this 2 minutes before someone like me happened to stumble across it ! I am a 19 year old male, I have acne as well... somewhere between mild and moderate? there are tiny clogged pores scattered around my face, my problem areas are the sides of my mouth and around my chin, the worst place in my opinion ! and any given time 2-4 inflamed pimples due to picking and irritating them which leads to infection. I notice if I stop picking, they tend to settle down and don't get inflamed in the first place. Anyway, I am what you would call a "seasoned acne veteran" because I have been with acne for quite a while and i know exactly what its like to be thinking about it and thinking about what other people think about it every other minute of every day. it is not easy, and it seems unfair at some times. I totally 100% understand what you are going through, i am anxious to look in the mirror every morning when i wake up, after a shower, and wherever a mirror is present. I always worry about what can clog my pores and what can cause acne, and if i go to bed and skip washing my face i get all worried that is going to cause new blemishes... I often avoid bright lights when out with friends and yes like you said, i find myself avoiding having my face touched and i am always thinking about how others think . Well I am not going to say don't worry about it because if "don't worry so much" was a cure, we would all be cured !! the unfortunate truth is we will always worry when we have acne. but i have gathered this from life experience, and that is other people are no where near as concerned with acne as are the people who actually have it. if you are fun to be around and don't make it obvious that you worry about acne, no one will even think about it . i have realized that, and that's what lets me hang out with friends and not worry about it too much, i also sometimes worry about what girls think about acne, surprisingly, girls hold guys to a much lower standard when it comes to skin quality than we do about girls. a lot of girls i know could care less about acne, just like they don't care about guys who have those ugly puberty beards and such ( i never liked them )

Anyway, i am interested to hear what you are trying ( i have tried antibiotics, pantothen, clearzine, Proactiv, BP, Salycilic acid, ) , I am trying an Accutane microdose, I tried a full dose at 40mg/day a while back but quit after about a week because of the side effects. Microdosing, however, has been proven to clear up mild to severe acne faster and with less side effects, which is what i am trying for now. however 2 months in my acne is still here. Accutane works for 100% of people, so i know i should just stick with it, but i am frustrated that the majority of people have cleared up within 1 week to 6 weeks yet i am at 8 weeks and still breaking out. I have always been the type of person which acne products never seem to work for, for example some products will work for 88 percent of people, say I am the other 12 percent. the topical products I am using, one of em works for 97 percent of people... I am the other 3 percent. see how this can get frustrating ? with Accutane, I don't understand how a product that works for 100% of people isn't working for me, (at least not yet ) does that mean I am the other 0% ? is that physically possible ? my skin has definitely stopped producing so much oil, that's for sure. but it is still breaking out. interesting. However, I reccomment you give it a try. it works for everyone who takes it like i said, just takes longer for some people. that's why I am complaining. but just wanted to supply that suggestion if you haven't already heard of it.

it WILL work eventually, that's what i am counting on. look forward to hearing back from ya

I am currently using the DKR regimen, and it has improved my face ALOT since i stated. But my life is so revolved around obession of my face, i literally cannot touch my face at any cost afraid of getting bacteria on my skin and thus getting acne, i avoid people touching my face, avoid my clothing touching my face, avoid dust touching my face, avoid my own hands touching my face. I have a problem, i need advice. Does anyone experience this, i avoid otuching my face at all cost , i can't ever touch it NO MATTER HOW ITCHY MY FACE IS i avoid dust, i avoid everything i need help. Pleas.se

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 04/01/2014 6:50 am

Yes! thats the same with me except it mostly with my rosacea. I've got this obsession and being so strict with my diet because I'm so afraid to eat something to cause a flair up. And if i do eat something that causes a flair up, i get so emotional.