Notifications
Clear all

Really Odd Acne?

MemberMember
(@dropsofjupiter7)

Posted : 03/25/2014 4:09 pm

I have been dealing with acne for about 2 years now. (I'm 15) It started off on my forehead and slowly moved it way to my whole face + shoulders. I've tried just about every skincare brand known to man as well. I went to my doctor about a year ago and got a cream from him which did nothing so I was sent to a dermatologist. The dermatologist literally looked at me for two seconds and prescribed me two creams to use each night; altering between creams. They were called Tactuo and Biacna.I used them for about four months but literally nothing happened so I stopped (my skin was becoming really dry and irritated)

So now I'm stuck..I have acne all over my face (Mostly my cheeks) I have some flat, red bumps and regular pimples all over my face.

I've tried to drink lots of water because I've heard that helps and....nothing! I drink tons of water a day and it doesn't seem to help at all. I haven't had sugary drinks in months, but still no results.

Also, the only time I touch my face is when I'm washing/moisturizing it..I use a clean pillow case each night

My current skincare routine is to wash my face twice a day with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and moisturize twice a day with the Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15 Moisturizer. I've stopped using masks, scrubs, etc. because I found they ultimately did not help with my acne. So I considering using the Regimen, but I've tried lots of BP creams before and I had no results.

If you have any suggestions, tips, etc. please let me know!

MemberMember
(@wishclean)

Posted : 04/05/2014 10:12 am

I have been dealing with acne for about 2 years now. (I'm 15) It started off on my forehead and slowly moved it way to my whole face + shoulders. I've tried just about every skincare brand known to man as well. I went to my doctor about a year ago and got a cream from him which did nothing so I was sent to a dermatologist. The dermatologist literally looked at me for two seconds and prescribed me two creams to use each night; altering between creams. They were called Tactuo and Biacna.I used them for about four months but literally nothing happened so I stopped (my skin was becoming really dry and irritated)

So now I'm stuck..I have acne all over my face (Mostly my cheeks) I have some flat, red bumps and regular pimples all over my face.

I've tried to drink lots of water because I've heard that helps and....nothing! I drink tons of water a day and it doesn't seem to help at all. I haven't had sugary drinks in months, but still no results.

Also, the only time I touch my face is when I'm washing/moisturizing it..I use a clean pillow case each night

My current skincare routine is to wash my face twice a day with the Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser and moisturize twice a day with the Neutrogena Oil-Free SPF 15 Moisturizer. I've stopped using masks, scrubs, etc. because I found they ultimately did not help with my acne. So I considering using the Regimen, but I've tried lots of BP creams before and I had no results.

If you have any suggestions, tips, etc. please let me know!

If the cause of your acne is internal, topicals won't fix the issue. Maybe you should test your hormone levels to see if it could be hormonal.

For what it's worth, my skin always worsens on neutrogena products...they use sulfates in their cleansers, which is terrible for sensitive skin.