Notifications
Clear all

Acne Cyst On Chin

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 03/25/2014 1:47 pm

so I have never had a cyst like this before in my life...the past few weeks have been stressful. my face was completely clear and boom whiteheads started attacking my chin and now three whiteheads formed one huge cyst on my chin. ive been putting warm compresses on it for two days and ..three little actual real whiteheads are forming on it....what should I do...will it go on its own....?

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 03/26/2014 12:47 pm

please anyone ..can you answer me..you guys never answer me...I don't know if I should sit it out or go to the dermatologist. its only been three days..should I give it more time to see if it heals on its own...its about three nodules that turned into a cyst on my chin....I was considering to a cortisone injection but am afraid of indentation...any advice pleasssssseeeeee

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 03/26/2014 2:37 pm

if you're not more advanced into acne, it's hard for me to give advice. i would say put some aspirine in hot water to dissolve and put that on that area. that would be 1. maybe some toothpaste i heard could have some effect (2). make a concentrated tea of chamomile an use it there (3, a good advice). try apple cyder vineger + water and use locally (4). oh try green tea tea locally (5). search for some tea tree essential oil (6, not that effective imo but advertised).

what i would do is put some (v cheap) but you have to do some research to find some equivalent. this would heal the area in 1-2 days..

of course i would also put brevoxyl (bp), and that would also work pretty good.

MemberMember
(@sankofa1)

Posted : 03/26/2014 2:51 pm

ok I will wait a few more days and see if it goes down on its own without going to the dermatologist and them injecting it...thanks for the advice....anyone else?

MemberMember
(@apple-blossom)

Posted : 03/26/2014 3:00 pm

Warm compresses work quite well for me. I also do the aspirin thing as mentioned above.

Usually big, inflamed spots like that will last at least a week and sometimes a lot longer. The fact that it has been there three days isn't anything to worry about in itself.