Pcos Cystic Acne Qu...

Notifications
Clear all

Pcos Cystic Acne Quit Dairy?

MemberMember
(@cyster88)

Posted : 03/24/2014 7:22 am

Hi everyone I'm new here and desperate for help to shift this awful cystic acne I have lived with since puberty. I am now 26 and I'm never spot free. I've read a lot of people quit dairy and say they become totally spot free I was wondering how many of you on here have tried it and what the results are.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 03/26/2014 9:01 am

Many women on here with PCOS are using Spironolactone as a treatment for cystic acne. Not everyone wants to or can go the route of medication to control acne, but it gets to the root cause by targeting the hormones. And yes dairy use to break me out so I did stop this, it can be chock full of hormones which aggravates the already existing condition. I am on Spiro 50mg as well as Yasmin, Yasmin has a component of spironolactone in it that blocks androgens that is why many women have success using it in their battle against hormonal acne. Hope this has helped a bit!

Hi everyone I'm new here and desperate for help to shift this awful cystic acne I have lived with since puberty. I am now 26 and I'm never spot free. I've read a lot of people quit dairy and say they become totally spot free I was wondering how many of you on here have tried it and what the results are.

MemberMember
(@cyster88)

Posted : 03/26/2014 3:48 pm

Hi, thanks so much for replying your input, it's helped a great deal. I will give spironolactone a go. I really need to try this non dairy approach also and I'm already caffeine and sugar free.

MemberMember
(@carpemomentum)

Posted : 03/26/2014 7:07 pm

It may not have to be forever :) Many women have been able to get control of their acne with Spiro and/or BC and can enjoy dairy once in a while with no issue. If you can eliminate, clear yourself and then slowly add back in that may help. Some are affected more than others, I know nuts tend to cause problems for me as well. It's a live and learn, but you will get there. Reach out anytime!

Hi, thanks so much for replying your input, it's helped a great deal. I will give spironolactone a go. I really need to try this non dairy approach also and I'm already caffeine and sugar free.

MemberMember
(@cyster88)

Posted : 03/27/2014 5:17 am

Thanks so much for your help and I will. Take care xx

MemberMember
(@barbnj)

Posted : 03/31/2014 9:18 am

I am 54 years of age, I suffered well into my 30's with cystic acne, so I know your pain.

Recently, and this is why I joined the Forum, I discovered I have an allergy to whey.

I started drinking skim chocolate milk, eating Greek yogurt and developed very small white heads with medium-sized raised red spots surrounding them, that were itchy! Sure enough I found an article that said that some people are allergic to the extra whey that is put in low or no-fat milk products to make them creamier.

I went to my dermatologist and he confirmed my suspicion. I wasn't sure how common this is for others, but I definitely wanted to share.

Acne of any kind at my age is no fun.