Notifications
Clear all

Skin This...skin That

MemberMember
(@msdani)

Posted : 03/22/2014 9:23 pm

Am I the only one who is CONSTANTLY thinking about my skin? I am SO drained by it.

Literally about 90 percent of my day is consumed with how bad my skin looks.

I'm always constantly looking in the mirror to make sure my acne isn't as noticeable as it is. I'm constantly noticing other ppl's skin...wishing mine looked a third as good as theirs.

What are the odds out of ALL these ppl in the world, I'm the one cursed to have this awful skin? Just doesn't seem fair. Life would be so much easier only if I had this one less problem.

And btw ppl of America: PLEASE stop telling us ppl with acne what works for you unless we ask. It's more offensive then helpful.

My acne affects every aspect of my life including my future goals. I know it's worse problems then skin, but tell that to someone who doesn't have acne. Because living with this is draining physically, mentally, & emotionally.

"Skin this...skin that" is my constant thought process. I just want to find my cure already!

MemberMember
(@polyester-girl)

Posted : 03/22/2014 10:53 pm

I am exactly the same. It is emotionally exhausting for me because sometimes, in the morning, I think "maybe it's starting to look a tiny bit better" but then later throughout the day I notice so may new pimples starting to form, and I know the cycle is about to repeat itself al over again. I spend my days crying most of the time. It's even worse for my mental sanity when I'm locking myself up in my room hiding away from the world. But even then, when I watch TV all I can think about is how everyone on TV has perfect skin. So I can't even do that. I'm so bored. I'm so lonely. And I'm constantly thinking about my skin.

I would go as far as to say it is 100% of the time for me. Even when I sleep I have these really cruel dreams where I dream that I have good skin again, but then I wake up. It's the worst feeling in the world to go from so ecstatically happy to realising it wasn't real. And I think, even if I do find a cure, they usually take months to take effect. I just feel like I'm wasting so many years of my life. I'm at uni at the moment and my grades are dropping because I can't even face going out to attend the classes and I don't care about uni, all I care about is my skin. Sometimes I sit here and daydream about being able to go swimming without worrying about my foundation coming off, or actually leaving the house at a normal time instead of organising 2 extra hours beforehand to give me enough time to cover all my acne before I leave. Just so, so over this.

So no, you are not alone. And I know that is hard to believe because I see all these people like you on acne.org and I wonder, if there are so many people with acne then why do I never see them in real life? Maybe it's because they are all hiding away out of sight like me.

MemberMember
(@torquemonster)

Posted : 03/23/2014 2:46 am

Yes, the whole skin thing is very exhausting, stressful, and a negative impact on the quality of life. Just hang in there and try not to think about it too much....believe me I know that is easier said than done.

MemberMember
(@msdani)

Posted : 03/23/2014 1:30 pm

Exactly how I feel!!!

But thanks guys for responding. It's extremely draining but it's just one of those things you have to just push through I suppose...