Notifications
Clear all

Need A Moisturiser To Go With Regimen

MemberMember
(@john3560)

Posted : 03/22/2014 8:43 pm

Hey guys, I just started the regimen a few days ago and I need some suggestions. Currently my regimen is 1) wash face with neutrogena oil free acne wash 2) apply 2.5% acne gel to some areas 3) apply Kentay sorbolone. However I have found the Sorbolene to quite hard to apply as it is very thick. Also, it makes my skin feel quite greasy and thick in general, especially since my skin is generally quite oily as well. Do you guys have any suggestions for a basic light moisturiser preferably one which is commonly available in australia? Thank you.

MemberMember
(@john3560)

Posted : 03/24/2014 6:25 am

Now I feel a small stinging sensation to my face when applying the sorbolene after the bp.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/24/2014 1:06 pm

I'm not sure what is available in Australia but two moisturizers that I like that work well with the regimen are Cetaphil moisturizer for sensitive skin (it has spf 15 too) and the moisturizer by CeraVe. I live in Canda and you can get them at any drugstore.

MemberMember
(@john3560)

Posted : 03/24/2014 3:22 pm

I heard that cetaphil has a lot of pore clogging ingredients. What are your opinions on that?

I'm not sure what is available in Australia but two moisturizers that I like that work well with the regimen are Cetaphil moisturizer for sensitive skin (it has spf 15 too) and the moisturizer by CeraVe. I live in Canda and you can get them at any drugstore.

MemberMember
(@hope7)

Posted : 03/24/2014 3:53 pm

There are different moisturizers made by Cetaphil. The regular one for normal/dry skin would probably be too thick and creamy for someone with acne. The one I use is the 'light' moisturizer for sensitive skin and I have not found it to clog pores - but everyone's skin is different.

If you want to see how moisturizers (and other skin products) are rated you might want to check out www.paulaschoice.com I find it a useful resource when I am looking for a new product. They rate all brand of products and the ratings seem very fair.

Good luck.