Notifications
Clear all

Ib From Switch From Differin To Epiduo?

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 03/22/2014 11:09 am

I have been using Differin for over 6 months now and it helps my mild acne somewhat. I sometimes use my cheap BP gel I get from the drugstore too if I have a huge pimple. My dermatologist suggested Epiduo, which isn't more expensive for me and is apparently slightly more effective. Since I use Differin and BP, which are the two active ingredients in Epiduo, should I expect a bad reaction from going full force into Epiduo, or should I use it little by little?

I used some on a small area for two nights and my skin isn't dry, so I am hoping that my skin won't react badly to the switch. I do NOT want a big IB right now.

Anyone switch from Differin to Epiduo and see better results?

My acne is stubborn as all hell but it's mild now and I am trying to avoid going on Accutane a second time!

MemberMember
(@aoe2)

Posted : 03/23/2014 7:41 pm

Hey CS99 I just did the switch a week and a half ago. So far I've gotten a lot of redness/pain/flaking/dryness and small pink zits that don't come to a head. They pop up in areas that were previously clear.

I wonder if my skin is simply too sensitive for the BP in Epiduo, since I had a similar reaction when I tried a Benzoyl Peroxide wash before with my Differin.

Let me know how it goes for you!

MemberMember
(@cs99)

Posted : 03/24/2014 11:20 am

Hey CS99 I just did the switch a week and a half ago. So far I've gotten a lot of redness/pain/flaking/dryness and small pink zits that don't come to a head. They pop up in areas that were previously clear.

I wonder if my skin is simply too sensitive for the BP in Epiduo, since I had a similar reaction when I tried a Benzoyl Peroxide wash before with my Differin.

Let me know how it goes for you!

I have been using small amounts since starting each night and so far no huge purge! It's helping a big zit go down fast. It doesn't make me dry in the slightest, which is weird, but I guess that's because I have been using Differin 0.3 gel for over six months.

I want to apply it everywhere but I am a little scared, so only using it as a spot treatment at the moment!

MemberMember
(@goodz19)

Posted : 03/25/2014 10:15 am

I wouldnt expect an IB. The concentration of the retinoid in the Epiduo is smaller than .3 Differin you are using now. Going from Differing to a stronger retinoid like Taz, would likely bring you an IB if Differin wasnt get the job done.

Good luck