Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ConorCoughlanMu

What Type Of Acne Scars Have I Got?

Hi guys. I've been researching scars and none of them seem to sound like mine. Would anyone seem to have any further info on what type of scarring I have and a possible solution? I have attached some images.

Thanks!

post-369796-0-41138300-1395069466_thumb.

post-369796-0-54291700-1395069484_thumb.

post-369796-0-41138300-1395069466_thumb.

post-369796-0-54291700-1395069484_thumb.

It's really hard to tell if you have any scarring. I think I see a few very small, superficial boxcar scars on one cheek, as well as one pigmented pock mark on your jaw and some pigmented spots around your mouth. However, I can't be sure of this because the photos are too pixelated. Based on what I see, I think your skin looks great. If my skin looked half as good, I definitely wouldn't be on this board!

Hyperpigmentation almost always resolves with time and is not a permanent scar. You can speed the fading process by using a topical like Retin-A or an AHA to promote faster cell turnover and exfoliation. Taking Vitamin C and Zinc are also helpful with healing. Avoiding the sun, using sunblock and keeping your skin moisturized are also important.