Notifications
Clear all

Retinoid Help

MemberMember
(@aluxeruzzo)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:04 pm

So I went on Tretinoin Cream about 4 months ago and it's really helped me a lot. Out of no where I started to get really bad acne and cysts and then when I went on it it got a lot worse and my skin was so flakey. But I'm out of the purging/flaking stage now and my acne is so much better but I still get around 3-4 new pimples a week. It's not that big of a deal because they go away relatively quickly and I'm pretty good at covering it with makeup, but I was just wondering if the retinoid cream is going to continue to improve my skin and the amount of zits I get or if this is as good as it gets

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/13/2014 7:43 pm

So I went on Tretinoin Cream about 4 months ago and it's really helped me a lot. Out of no where I started to get really bad acne and cysts and then when I went on it it got a lot worse and my skin was so flakey. But I'm out of the purging/flaking stage now and my acne is so much better but I still get around 3-4 new pimples a week. It's not that big of a deal because they go away relatively quickly and I'm pretty good at covering it with makeup, but I was just wondering if the retinoid cream is going to continue to improve my skin and the amount of zits I get or if this is as good as it gets

Tretinoin is a good treatment and preventative. If you have acne that worsens during your menstrual cycle, you may want to add BCP or spiro.