Notifications
Clear all

Advice On Acne Scars!

MemberMember
(@kellyking)

Posted : 03/11/2014 12:41 pm

Ive had these acne scars for 3-4 years now and they don't seem to be going away! Any recommendations of type of treatments I should get would be much appreciated!

post-374193-0-10262800-1394559557_thumb.

post-374193-0-18700200-1394559566_thumb.

post-374193-0-10262800-1394559557_thumb.

post-374193-0-18700200-1394559566_thumb.

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 03/11/2014 1:29 pm

Looks like hyperpigmentation to me, which does take a very long time to go away if you just leave it. Try using 10% AHA creams, like Dan's AHA+. I have similar marks to those that I've had for many many years and after 3 months of using it at night, it's lightened all the marks a lot and made the texture of my skin really soft too. Just make sure you start off slow and work your way up to using it every night. You could also do peels at home, just be really careful and make sure you do your research. I'm waiting on a 40% lactic acid peel to come in the mail so I can get rid of these marks faster :)

MemberMember
(@yanagupta)

Posted : 03/12/2014 7:14 am

Which ones have you tried so far?

MemberMember
(@wanwan1)

Posted : 03/12/2014 9:50 am

Looks like hyperpigmentation to me, which does take a very long time to go away if you just leave it. Try using 10% AHA creams, like Dan's AHA+. I have similar marks to those that I've had for many many years and after 3 months of using it at night, it's lightened all the marks a lot and made the texture of my skin really soft too. Just make sure you start off slow and work your way up to using it every night. You could also do peels at home, just be really careful and make sure you do your research. I'm waiting on a 40% lactic acid peel to come in the mail so I can get rid of these marks faster

Hi, I have also problem with red marks after all my acne. Im wondering, is AHA used to fade the red marks or does it also treat acne? Is AHA = lactic acid?

MemberMember
(@dunedain)

Posted : 03/12/2014 12:18 pm

Looks like hyperpigmentation to me, which does take a very long time to go away if you just leave it. Try using 10% AHA creams, like Dan's AHA+. I have similar marks to those that I've had for many many years and after 3 months of using it at night, it's lightened all the marks a lot and made the texture of my skin really soft too. Just make sure you start off slow and work your way up to using it every night. You could also do peels at home, just be really careful and make sure you do your research. I'm waiting on a 40% lactic acid peel to come in the mail so I can get rid of these marks faster

Hi, I have also problem with red marks after all my acne. Im wondering, is AHA used to fade the red marks or does it also treat acne? Is AHA = lactic acid?

It can do both. On acne.org I believe Dan says he uses it as a spot treatment which stops a pimple from forming. I've found that continued AHA use lightens red marks and keeps my skin clear, probably clearer than just the medication I use by itself. AHA = alpha hydroxy acids including glycolic acid, lactic acid and a few others. Dan's AHA+ cream is a 10% glycolic acid.