Notifications
Clear all

Itchy Acne?

MemberMember
(@squid31)

Posted : 03/08/2014 7:48 am

Hey, I've been a lurker of this forum so this is going I be my first post.

Long story short, I've had mild to moderate acne since I was 15-16 and they started to build up a bit until I turned 18 and my skin started to get a lot better. The type of acne that I had were these big red bumps that I think were cysts. But I never really had more than 2-3 at a time. Anyway, i moved to an apartment with some roommates and I started getting these breakouts more than ever. I went out to travel for a month and I didn't really get much new ones and only dealt with the ones I originally had. I returned to the apartment and It started out with one or two and then wham. I have a breakout again. And I'm in the middle of one right now and it's worst than ever.

Anyway, tldr; I have had acne before but this acne I've been getting after moving to this apartment is something I have never dealt with before.

Here's the description: it starts out with a tiny bump that can be felt but barely seen. And it ITCHES really badly. When I feel this itch, I already know that there will be a whitehead on that spot sooner or later. This tiny bump develops into a bigger red bump that itches even more. About a day or so later, a white top forms. At this point, the itching is really tough. If I forcefully let out the white, it feels much better. But I learned that if I get it out at its prime itching time, it forms another one near or simply makes the bump bigger and cause it to have 2-3 white tops on the same one bump.

The main point is that they are VERY VERY itchy. I have never had acne that itches before and I have had acne. And I don't think its due to simply dryness because the areas that itch grow the same bumps I described 100%. The areas that won't grow a bump do not itch at all.

Does anyone else have this?

I honestly think it has something to do with what's in this apartment but I can't put my finger on it. And the itch is driving me mad.

I've done some search and they say they may be mites but how exactly can I treat it if they are indeed mites? Are acne supposed to itch before and after they are about to form?

Thank you for reading

MemberMember
(@c-thru)

Posted : 03/08/2014 4:26 pm

Well i'm just generalizing that you could possibly have a fungus

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 03/08/2014 7:51 pm

Bump, my "acne" has flared up to its worst potential both times I got a new apartment.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 03/08/2014 11:35 pm

Could be fungal, could also be food sensitivity. But it sounds more like fungal folliculitis. You could try washing your face with a dandruff shampoo.

MemberMember
(@squid31)

Posted : 03/09/2014 3:17 am

Could be fungal, could also be food sensitivity. But it sounds more like fungal folliculitis. You could try washing your face with a dandruff shampoo.

I searched "fungal folliculitis" and your thread was the first that came up haha. Did your acne also have red bumps with white heads that became red hard bumps until they slowly fade away?