Notifications
Clear all

After 10 Years My Acne Is Gone

MemberMember
(@clearskinnow)

Posted : 03/04/2014 12:17 pm

I wanted to post here because I've battled with acne for over 10 years. I always wondered why my skin was breaking out. I tried accutane 8 years ago with great results, and it permanently got rid of some acne but most of it came back. A couple months ago, I drastically increased my water intake simply with a focus to be more healthy. I drink about 8 liters of water a day. I buy organic lemons and squeeze 1-2 lemons throughout the day and add it to my water. I started to eat less junkfood and go for healthy salads compared with my usual burger and fries. The results I've seen are impressive and I wish I would have known about years ago. I noticed my skin become clearer with water alone, but when I started squeezing organic lemon juice into it, my skin became crystal clear.

After about 6 months, I've lost about 15lbs, from 35 waist to 31. My skin is clear for the first time in years. My skin is much less oily, it's actually normal. I notice that when I start to drink a little less water for a couple days, a pimple will start, but after I drink more water it simply, goes away. I've never experienced this before. Before, my pimples would be very large and drag on for days, leaving dark marks. Now if one starts, it disappears. My breath is better, and I feel much more balanced. I wanted to post my story hoping it would help someone.

MemberMember
(@user5000)

Posted : 03/05/2014 1:04 pm

Good to hear! I drink four 500ml bottles of water a day, but thats only 2 liters. How do you find time to drink 8 liters? Never tried it with lemon though, I will give that a go. Any idea why the lemon might have helped?

Is there anything else you do besides what you mentioned above.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 03/05/2014 1:16 pm

took you 10 years to clear your acne ? o.o

water only work clear your acne and if it did idk why it took you that long to notice lol

MemberMember
(@kitten123)

Posted : 03/05/2014 2:48 pm

What Kind of acne did u had?

was it Cystic or what?

MemberMember
(@ambertaylor)

Posted : 03/05/2014 7:40 pm

That is awesome. I am going to increase my water intake. I do not drink near enough water, but I do know that many credit their water intake and diet to their skin.

MemberMember
(@clearskinnow)

Posted : 03/24/2014 6:56 pm

So sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I'll try and answer everything in this one reply.

1. I'm up for about 16 hours every day and drink about 8 liters of water. It's really only a half liter per hour, and to look at how little a half liter of water is, it's actually quite a small amount. I just try and always have a water bottle handy and am actually very surprised at how much my body will actually drink if I've always got one next to me. I did a bit of research on acidic vs. alkaline foods. I'm not totally sure if this is why lemons help but from what I've found..any type of sickness whether it be the common cold to cancer can only live in an acidic environment. Viruses and whatever else cannot survive in an alkaline environment. Lemons are extremely acidic - however - when you eat them your body metabolizes it in such a way that it has an extremely alkalizing effect on the body. This might sound hoaky but you could mix a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water and it too will have a good effect on your body and it doesn't taste too bad (I do this once or twice a day if it's convenient). It's just high in salt so if you've got a health issue with salt, or already have a high salt diet it might not be the best for you. There's a ton of research on acidic foods vs alkaline foods. But it's important to know that it all has to do with how your body reacts to the food or beverage that makes all the difference, like how lemons start very acidic but in the body it's the exact opposite. Any food or beverage that has a alkalizing effect on the body is good for you.

Since the post, I started to drink green tea because I read it's good for you. I started drinking more green tea than regular water with lemon and I started to break out again! I noticed it took about two weeks for a breakout to really come through, then about 2 more weeks for my skin to get healthy again after going back to water with lemon.

2. Why did it take me so long to notice? I never drank much water to begin with...I only drank drinks like sport drinks, coffee, and other drinks that had water, but never just water. I think what led me to this realization is some reading I did about urine. Gross but hear me out. Your urine should be light yellow/clear and odorless. It was the focus to achieve healthy urine that led me to my increased water intake.

3. I'm not sure if I had cystic acne but some of my acne would stay beneath the surface, and grow in such a way that it was un-poppable. Some would end up being around for days or a week or two. I always wondered, what is this, why do I have this, why doesn't it just heal. There would be this hard blob under the skin that I couldn't do anything about - if I tried it would be even more noticeable. I'd end up with red areas that were mixed with normal pimples and hard blobs.

MemberMember
(@lyannastark)

Posted : 04/02/2014 7:57 am

Will definitely try the organic lemons in my water :-) thanks for the tips.

MemberMember
(@amanda22)

Posted : 04/03/2014 5:44 pm

Wow. I'll try this! I drink two liters a day, I'll try to increase it!.. But I think I have heard somewhere that drinking too much water can be bad for you? There was a little boy in my hometown who got sent to the hospital or something. Do you know anything about this?

MemberMember
(@amanda22)

Posted : 04/04/2014 7:45 am

WARNING, WARNING!

I've been reading online about water, and you should really not drink too much! You can end up with brain damage and stuff. There are reports of people drinking 4 liters of water a day, who ends up with brain damage.

Adding lemon seems like a good idea though, I would recomend 2-3 liters with lemon. (Not more, and not less!)

MemberMember
(@alwaysmiles)

Posted : 04/04/2014 11:38 am

I cured my acnes with lemon water and vitamin D 10,000 iu /day

MemberMember
(@5beauty)

Posted : 04/04/2014 2:49 pm

I also know that drinking too much water is equally dangerous to not drinking adequate. But, this amount maybe work for you. The added lemon makes it the BEST detoxifying, especially when drunk in the morning!

MemberMember
(@clearskinnow)

Posted : 04/11/2014 9:45 am

Wow. I'll try this! I drink two liters a day, I'll try to increase it!.. But I think I have heard somewhere that drinking too much water can be bad for you? There was a little boy in my hometown who got sent to the hospital or something. Do you know anything about this?

I think listening to your body is important. I try to have a full bottle of water near me throughout the day, and sometimes I drink it fast, sometimes slow. I think when it becomes dogmatic, as in, "I need to get 5 liters in before bed" it's not as helpful because your stressing it out and coming from a place of negative point of view. Rather, I believe coming from a place of love and healing will support balance. I've read come across a couple amazing books lately but I'm hesitant to post because I don't want to seem like I'm selling them. I have no interest in whether anyone goes and get's this, but Anita Moorjani - Dying To Be Me is a story about a lady who fought cancer for 4 years, eventually went into a coma on her deathbed, then recovered within a couple weeks. It's transformed the way I love and accept myself because which I also believe has impacted my body.

MemberMember
(@clearskinnow)

Posted : 04/11/2014 10:00 am

I should also add that I've been tracking my water intake, and my average water intake is just under 4L. Some day's I'll drink up to 8L, some days only 2 (like on weekends when we're busy). But I don't stress out about it, I think like any treatment or lifestyle decision, it has to organically fit into your day. Going back to my comment about urine however, that is a good indicator of whether or not your hydrated and it should be light yellow/clear and odorless. It's all about balancing your own body.