Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
baren

How Long Can I Go Without My Medicine

I am currently taking claravis and due to a number of things I won't be able to get my medicine and it looks like I will be going without it foe about a week to 2 weeks. After that I would immediately start going back on it. I was just wondering if I would see some serious effects due to this? For more info I am just about to be finishing month number 3. I was on 40 mg for the first two months, and 60 mg for the third. The 4th month I won't be able to start in about one to two weeks. Thanks

I am currently taking claravis and due to a number of things I won't be able to get my medicine and it looks like I will be going without it foe about a week to 2 weeks. After that I would immediately start going back on it. I was just wondering if I would see some serious effects due to this? For more info I am just about to be finishing month number 3. I was on 40 mg for the first two months, and 60 mg for the third. The 4th month I won't be able to start in about one to two weeks. Thanks

Possible flare, but likelier because of coincidence.

Good luck on your course!

I don't think it will be too horrible. Other people have talked about being off of it for a while and not having any significant effects. You will have to take the medication for a bit longer to reach your cumulative dose, but I wouldn't be too concerned.

I was out of pills for 6 days once due to a series of mishaps, also right before the beginning of my fourth month. My lips became slightly less dry and it was sort of nice. That was all that happened.

Vitamin A stored in your liver can stick around up to 6 months. I had to go a week without my prescription and my derm said it was fine and that it stays in your system for at least a month.

Edited by VioletAsh