Notifications
Clear all

How Long Can I Go Without My Medicine

MemberMember
(@baren)

Posted : 03/03/2014 2:51 pm

I am currently taking claravis and due to a number of things I won't be able to get my medicine and it looks like I will be going without it foe about a week to 2 weeks. After that I would immediately start going back on it. I was just wondering if I would see some serious effects due to this? For more info I am just about to be finishing month number 3. I was on 40 mg for the first two months, and 60 mg for the third. The 4th month I won't be able to start in about one to two weeks. Thanks

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 03/04/2014 2:08 am

I am currently taking claravis and due to a number of things I won't be able to get my medicine and it looks like I will be going without it foe about a week to 2 weeks. After that I would immediately start going back on it. I was just wondering if I would see some serious effects due to this? For more info I am just about to be finishing month number 3. I was on 40 mg for the first two months, and 60 mg for the third. The 4th month I won't be able to start in about one to two weeks. Thanks

Possible flare, but likelier because of coincidence.

Good luck on your course!

baren liked
MemberMember
(@megtree)

Posted : 03/04/2014 12:51 pm

I don't think it will be too horrible. Other people have talked about being off of it for a while and not having any significant effects. You will have to take the medication for a bit longer to reach your cumulative dose, but I wouldn't be too concerned.

baren liked
MemberMember
(@kim28)

Posted : 03/04/2014 5:58 pm

I was out of pills for 6 days once due to a series of mishaps, also right before the beginning of my fourth month. My lips became slightly less dry and it was sort of nice. That was all that happened.

baren liked
MemberMember
(@justincpht)

Posted : 03/06/2014 10:47 pm

Vitamin A stored in your liver can stick around up to 6 months. I had to go a week without my prescription and my derm said it was fine and that it stays in your system for at least a month.