Notifications
Clear all

Need Advice From The Ladies!

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 02/26/2014 11:40 pm

So, I had some excisions done on my cheek and for the most part it was a success, the spots are a lot more even with the rest of my skin and they look better than they did before although not exactly what im looking for permanently. Anyway, the spots are still red and I have been trying to figure out a way to cover it as best as possible while my body heals them and the redness naturally subsides. I grabbed a bottle of my moms concealer and tried that, It worked pretty well but im not sure if im doing it right or if there are other things that need to be applied before or after. Are liquid or mineral products better? Is there a certain technique that I need to abide by? I think since they aren't that indented anymore I can hit it with lasers and improve the overall appearance but still need to get some healing time under my belt and let it settle down a bit before i re injure it again. I am turning to the ladies of this site since y'all would seem to know how to apply makeup but if there are any guys that can help me out that would be beneficial as well.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/27/2014 12:01 am

So, I had some excisions done on my cheek and for the most part it was a success, the spots are a lot more even with the rest of my skin and they look better than they did before although not exactly what im looking for permanently. Anyway, the spots are still red and I have been trying to figure out a way to cover it as best as possible while my body heals them and the redness naturally subsides. I grabbed a bottle of my moms concealer and tried that, It worked pretty well but im not sure if im doing it right or if there are other things that need to be applied before or after. Are liquid or mineral products better? Is there a certain technique that I need to abide by? I think since they aren't that indented anymore I can hit it with lasers and improve the overall appearance but still need to get some healing time under my belt and let it settle down a bit before i re injure it again. I am turning to the ladies of this site since y'all would seem to know how to apply makeup but if there are any guys that can help me out that would be beneficial as well.

Do you have just redness or is it raised?

MemberMember
(@luckydory)

Posted : 02/27/2014 12:14 am

No just red, they were indented before but the plastic surgeon has made them look a lot better. There's so many makeup products out there and I don't know what to do lol

MemberMember
(@melell)

Posted : 02/27/2014 12:18 am

estee lauder double wear is my number 1 go to product for coverage. I seriously can make a red inflamed face look flawless with this stuff.

There are quite a few products out there, but I even find the double wear more effective than concealers.

For applying I would use fingers to press product into the skin, and build as many layers as needed. In my experience pressing gives better coverage than beauty blenders or brush.

MemberMember
(@michelle-reece)

Posted : 02/27/2014 12:23 am

No just red, they were indented before but the plastic surgeon has made them look a lot better. There's so many makeup products out there and I don't know what to do lol

Luckily, you can cover the redness up. If it was a bump then it'd be more difficult. Do you know what color/shade fits you the closest?

Edit: Pantone Color IQ can help you find shades closest to your skin tone.