Notifications
Clear all

Teenage Acne Question

MemberMember
(@daniel2345)

Posted : 02/26/2014 11:51 am

Hey guys,

I'm 17 and a half years old as I mentioned before, i have acne for the last year and a half (mild to moderate very occasionally) pustules and papules. I noticed that after I get pustule, I'll have a very small "open pore" or whatever I don't know how to call it and it heals in a month or so. but for the last few months I noticed subtle indenting of the skin on the cheeks and upper cheeks, some of them are fully healed but i can't remember how long I have them... all the indenting are red and new. I had some on my forehead but it healed very quickly. my father/ mother don't have acne scars, my mother did not have acne at all, my father had very rare breakouts when he was teenager, my sister doesn't have as well, just me. I have fair skin (european skin) and I am afraid that I'll be left with some scars...

lately my acne is batter, I mean 1 pustule in two weeks, and couple of whiteheads and maybe on papule a week. I am using retin a at night and cleansing at night and morning, oh and moisturizing both at night and morning. do you think the indenting will go with time? it's very subtle and still red. also I read somewhere that teenage acne will go through being red having some indenting of the skin followed by healing period of a year or so...

thanks for any help!

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/26/2014 12:23 pm

Whether you are a teen or adult, acne will be like that. With continued use of the retin a at night that should help turn over the skin and get rid of the red marks and smooth the skin. Why not try using BP during the day? And are you wearing a moisturizer with sunscreen during the day? Sunscreen can help those red marks not last as long.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/26/2014 12:37 pm

you shouldnt be us

Whether you are a teen or adult, acne will be like that. With continued use of the retin a at night that should help turn over the skin and get rid of the red marks and smooth the skin. Why not try using BP during the day? And are you wearing a moisturizer with sunscreen during the day? Sunscreen can help those red marks not last as long.

MemberMember
(@melmel87)

Posted : 02/26/2014 1:05 pm

Most dermatologists prescribe a retinoid to use only at night and a topical to use during the day since retin a helps your skin cell turnover but does not target acne bacteria. Just saying adding something else in may clear up your skin completely.

MemberMember
(@daniel2345)

Posted : 02/26/2014 1:45 pm

so is it normal that my skin gets this indenting period while the skin heals? thanks very much for your answer. I am going to dermatologist in two weeks BTW.