Notifications
Clear all

Need Some Help & Advise On My Diet

MemberMember
(@ashby101)

Posted : 02/23/2014 2:07 pm

Allow me to introduce myself:

I've had acne since i was 14, first it was moderate but it went very quickly to cystic severe. I was 16 when the derma put me on my first accutane course, it went well for 1.5 years and then it came back when mild-moderate when I turned 18. So at that point I went back on my second course of accutane and my skin cleard up for 2 years. Now i'm 20 and it's getting back and again its mild to moderate.

I've been thinking a lot about what to do. Should I go on a third course of accutane or should I try something different, cause eventually it will come back with accutane and its not very healthy. So i've been spending hours and hours on this forum to do my research and i guess i'm going to try a dairyfree, glutenfree and sugarfree diet with some vitamines. So i've made a list for myself what i can do to begin and not lose too many pounds because I also don't want to look too skinny.

What to eat:

First of all I'm cutting out my supermarketbread and instead of that I'm going to eat gluten free bread from schar. I was think about 6-8 slices a day, where I was normally eating 16 slices of bread. The next thing I'm going to do is eat 3-4 pieces of fruits a day, or is this to much because of the sugars in it? I'm also going to buy a blender so I can make myself a green juice everyday. For protein I'm going to eat salmon and chicken mostly(on my bread and for dinner). For dinner it will be mainly some vegetables, brown rice and chicken. For lunch maybe some soup and a salad with eggs, tomatoes, cucumber and chicken?

Basically, what I'm going to eat is: gluten-free bread, brown rice, fruits, vegetables, green juice, salmon, chicken, soup and salads.

Supplements:

I also want to take some vitamines with my diets. I was thinking about to go on zinc, vitamine d3, vitamine b5, fish oil, vitamine A and vitamine C. Do you guys have some tips how much mg I should take?

Regimen:

Next to the diet and supplementing I'm also going on Dan's regimen. So I'm hoping these 3 things will get me finally clear.

Did I overlook something? Do you have any advice on my diet, maybe some things I should cut and some things I should add? Will I don't get to many proteins, because I've read somewhere that protein can lead to acne as well? What about the vitamines? Basically: ANY advise is welcome.

It will be a very hard regimen, and I'm so jealous of people who can eat EVERYTHING without breaking out. But at this point I'm willing to do anything for my skin to clear up.

PS. Sorry for my english, it's not my native language

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/23/2014 3:11 pm

Yes! A blender! Literally my best friend. I heard great things about the nutri bullet but those are pretty expensive- the ones in the 20 buck range (thats what i have) are literally just as good. I like blenders better than actually juicers idk why but juicers always make my drinks so dang bitter. But anyways ill tell you what i usually have everyday in the blender. I make it without dairy (lactose intol)

Spinach leaves about 2 or three handfulls

1 banana

about 1 cup of water

and i sometimes (if i need a bit of a boost) at some raw brown sugar.

And blend it up!

Also you can add berries if you want.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 02/23/2014 6:55 pm

6-8 slices of any kind of bread is too much if you have acne and I can't imagine anyone eating 16 slices of bread in a day. That's crazy. My skin would look terrible if I ate that much. Gluten-free bread is higher in carbohydrate, which acne sufferers are sensitive to, and is usually lower in fiber than regular bread. Protein does not cause acne, in my experience. Focus your diet being 75% vegetables and 25% animal products like fish, eggs, uncured, unprocessed meats, etc. Avoid milk. If you're eating enough vegetables, you won't feel you need so much bread. As I always say, bread is just a vehicle for butter.

MemberMember
(@ashby101)

Posted : 02/23/2014 7:20 pm

6-8 slices of any kind of bread is too much if you have acne and I can't imagine anyone eating 16 slices of bread in a day. That's crazy. My skin would look terrible if I ate that much. Gluten-free bread is higher in carbohydrate, which acne sufferers are sensitive to, and is usually lower in fiber than regular bread. Protein does not cause acne, in my experience. Focus your diet being 75% vegetables and 25% animal products like fish, eggs, uncured, unprocessed meats, etc. Avoid milk. If you're eating enough vegetables, you won't feel you need so much bread. As I always say, bread is just a vehicle for butter.

Thanks dscully. What about fruits and brown rice, because I also need to get some carbs. Don't want to lose too much weight..

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 02/23/2014 8:10 pm

If you must have carbohydrate, try to get it from vegetable sources. I wouldn't overdo the fruit. Even though fruit is very healthy, too much can make acne worse. Don't eat rice or any type of grains for a while until your acne improves.

Example dinner: Roasted chicken, broccoli, and sweet potato

Enjoy both the broccoli and sweet potato with plenty of butter.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/24/2014 9:02 am

That is a massive amount of bread, even in your new & improved plan. You must stop filling yourself up on bread. Eat food with nutrients. Sweet potatoes, squashes, & other vegetables.

At some point, you need to try avoiding all grains to test for intolerance, but starting right now, I wouldn't routinely have more than one serving per day.

MemberMember
(@ashby101)

Posted : 02/24/2014 12:39 pm

That is a massive amount of bread, even in your new & improved plan. You must stop filling yourself up on bread. Eat food with nutrients. Sweet potatoes, squashes, & other vegetables.

At some point, you need to try avoiding all grains to test for intolerance, but starting right now, I wouldn't routinely have more than one serving per day.

Thanks for your advice, Ill be cutting the bread to 2 slices a day in the morning. Ive started today and I feel pretty good about this regimen, hopefully I wont be disappointed eventually.

The dosage of the vitamines will be:

vitamine C(2000 mg, 2 pills)

vitamine A(30 mg, 2 pills)

vitamine D3(2000 I.U, 2 pills)

fishoil(3G, 3 pills)

zinc(50 mg, 2 pills)

magnesium(500 mg, 2 pills)

primrose oil(3g, 3 pills)

Anyone some comments about the dosage?

PS, the green juices are awesome!

MemberMember
(@francis86)

Posted : 02/24/2014 6:30 pm

i've had the same issue with changing my diet and weight loss. I have lost a crazy amount of weight to be currently underweight now. The only way is to eat big and often. I have a lot of sweet potato mash done with coconut milk. I spoon that stuff throughout the day. Vegetables and meat alone won't cut it. Have smoothies with coconut milk, add a banana and some berries in it too. I haven't grains in a while nor beans for that matter, so currently I am having quinoa for breakfast and having navy beans. I also am testing out some organic black bean noodles to add to my meals just to get it more filling for me. I also snack on nuts and coconut throughout the day. Some carrots or celery. It's not easy for people like me who have a crazy metabolism, but you just gotta eat big.

MemberMember
(@ashby101)

Posted : 02/28/2014 8:26 am

I'm on my 5th day, skin improved a bit. This morning I had a zit on my cheek, but pimples from 5 days ago are slowly vanishing.

I've cut out the bread completely and I'm eating A LOT veggies. Yesterday I ate 1 kg broccoli, 250 gram green beans, 2 green juices and some carrots, tomatoes, picks, cucumber, a big salad, 1 egg, 400g chicken, 100g salmon, one sweet potatoe, 2 apples en 2 bananas. I think I'm the healthiest student of the Netherlands(my country)

So I'm following a healty lifestyle with a good diet, I'm taking supplements and I'm following a good cleasing regime. After doing some research yesterday I've come to the conclusion I'm missing 1 essential pont: controlling my DHT. So I'm thinking about going to the shop to buy some stinging nettle, saw palmetto+pygeum(what also cointains pumpkinseed oil) and DIM.

It feels good to do something with a plan. I always thought my acne would stop when I got older, but I've come to the conclusion that I have to do some thing for it to go away.

Advice & tips are always welcome, I'm still a newbie!

PS: I'm also going to be tested for foodintolerance on 23 april.

MemberMember
(@ashby101)

Posted : 03/27/2014 8:15 am

Bump.

My skin was looking really good for the last 2 weeks, I didnt had any new breakouts. A few days ago i got one small zit, but it's not that big of a deal. However, I'm still searching for the best carbs-fats-protein ratio. I'm now eating 150g of carbs(only from vegetables and fruit),70g of fat and 190g of protein. I was thinking I should maybe lower the protein intake and increase the good fats? Or should I lower the carbs? Or am I just being neurotic and is this ratio good?

Some advice anyone?