Notifications
Clear all

Paleo Diet Is Hard For Me.

MemberMember
(@leooo)

Posted : 02/23/2014 12:05 pm

I find that the food that is allowed in the paleo diet to little for energy drives.

I'm 6'3 and play lacrosse competitively. I used to eat alot of Rice, pasta, chicken, beef e.t.c High carb food.

But for my acne to clear I need to cut out the carbs. But Carrots and leaves don't give nearly enough energy.I find myself hungry and just depressed (low blood sugar) for most of the day.

What foods would you recommend I eat ? I've been on the paleo for 9 days now. Hardest thing I've done in my life.

MemberMember
(@dscully)

Posted : 02/23/2014 8:22 pm

I'm not into the Paleo thing, and I personally think that the paleo diet is partially overkill. Yes, too much grain is bad for you. I agree. I don't agree with the across-the-board demonization of all forms of dairy and all grains. My acne is 100% clear and I (very occasionally) still eat fermented dairy (cheese, keifer, yogurt) on occasion. I even enjoy the occasional piece of bread. I do largely avoid grains because for me a high carb load=acne, but I am not allergic or sensitive to gluten or other grains. I just want to avoid excess carbohydrate. If you are truly suffering, try including sweet potato and quinoa with your lunch or dinner.

I should tell you that anytime you are switching from carb burning to fat burning, you are going to experience a learning curve. I hardly eat any carbohydrate now, and no longer want it really, but the first month or so was killer. Your body is missing that fast-burning source of energy, so it's going to pester you for it and you will crave it like a drug. Be sure you are eating plenty of fat. Fat is a concentrated source of slow-burning energy, and is much better for your body than carbohydrate.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 02/23/2014 8:55 pm

I completely agree with dscully! Very good advice

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 02/23/2014 9:22 pm

I find that the food that is allowed in the paleo diet to little for energy drives.

I'm 6'3 and play lacrosse competitively. I used to eat alot of Rice, pasta, chicken, beef e.t.c High carb food.

But for my acne to clear I need to cut out the carbs. But Carrots and leaves don't give nearly enough energy.I find myself hungry and just depressed (low blood sugar) for most of the day.

What foods would you recommend I eat ? I've been on the paleo for 9 days now. Hardest thing I've done in my life.

How about the many other vegetables that exist in the world besides carots and leaves.

MemberMember
(@primalrunner)

Posted : 02/27/2014 6:49 am

I've been paleo for a year and a half and ran a marathon last year eating paleo and low carb (< 80g/day). Paleo doesn't mean low carb necessarily, though. Bananas, sweet potatoes, and quinoa (it's a seed, not a grain), are all great options. Good luck!

MemberMember
(@sleptember)

Posted : 03/09/2014 10:38 pm

This thread indicates that you have not properly researched the paleo diet. Is suggest you go over to paleohacks.com, use the search function, and do some reading up.