Notifications
Clear all

Worried That Wearing Sunscreen Can Make Things Worse

MemberMember
(@clearskins)

Posted : 02/21/2014 5:46 pm

For some reason, I came across an article that said the chemicals in sun screens and such products can cause irritation, scarring, and aging in the long run.

I know the sun is the worst enemy to the skin and won't help anything, but could using a facial moisturizer/sunscreen actually cause these things?

I recently bought an SPF 50 shiseido product but have been hesitant to use it.

Would like opinions from others.

Thanks guys

MemberMember
(@lanette)

Posted : 02/21/2014 6:21 pm

im having same issue...cant find a sunscreen that isnt irritating and one that wont make me break out......which ones have u tried? i tried the neutrogena acne free spf 30 and broke out a little, i tried the proactive one and thats ok for my face but not my neck, but i need it there also cuz thats where i break out....if anyone else is reading this please help recommend a good sunscreen...thx

MemberMember
(@avada-kedavra-acne)

Posted : 02/21/2014 7:34 pm

Ive struggled with this issue- for my rosacea, sensitive, clog prone skin. I literally cannot use anythinggg on my skin (not even moisturizer). I just gave up and started just wearing hats.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 02/22/2014 10:11 am

I love olay sensitive skin lotion with spf 15 and olay regenerist lotion with spf 15 or 50. They wont clog your pores. Hylunia makes a great sunscreen too but its thicker. Their stuff is all natural though. You should apply suncreen everyday because you dont want to get skin cancer. My hubby had to have a basal cell carcinoma removed recently on his nose and you dont want that! They dig down pretty deep to remove all the cancer. He isnt in the sun very much either he just doesnt wear sunscreen unless we are laying out or ar the beach.

MemberMember
(@mummy15)

Posted : 02/23/2014 10:50 pm

I've been using eltaMD clear for the past 3 months and the results have been amazing! I'm using it with the regimen in place of a moisturizer in the morning. I was still dealing with active acne when I started using it and now I barely have any acne. Bonus is that it is 45 SPF!

MemberMember
(@robertitoo)

Posted : 02/24/2014 1:10 am

Zinc based sunscreen :)

http://www.badgerbalm.com/s-33-zinc-oxide-sunscreen-nanoparticles.aspx

Organic and natural