Notifications
Clear all

You Need To Read This

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 02/20/2014 7:20 am

The acne regimen is not an effective method in permanently stopping acne. It just masks the symptoms. Here are the causes of acne, and how to permanently stop acne.

Hormones - Most of acne is caused by hormones. Certain hormones signal the skin to produce more oil and sebum, which causes acne. The ONLY way to stop acne permanently is to shrink these things permanently. One fact that isn't as known as it should be is that DAIRY PRODUCTS CONTAIN TONS OF HORMONES. You should stay far away from dairy products if you want to permanently clear your acne. Also, Omega 3, Zinc, and Vitamin A (instead of accutane), are healthy ways to get your body to produce less sebum. Fried foods have high amounts of saturated fat, which harm prostaglandins (hormone and inflammation regulators), so they should also be avoided.

Liver - Your liver tries to filter out excess hormones, when it's functioning, but even then, it cannot get all hormones out. To function properly, your liver needs a wide range of vitamins and a healthy body from exercise. I suggest a multivitamin.

Gut - A bad gut can cause a wide range of problems, not just regarding skin. Taking probiotics worked well for me, but you should also try to get dietary fiber and drink lots of water.

Stress - Stress is a cause, although it doesn't usually cause a lot of acne. Vitamin B has been shown to ease the effects of stress.

Regarding a skin care regimen, using the regimen would be far too rough on your skin. You don't use it while taking vitamin a for the same reason you don't take it while using accutane (a derivative of vitamin a). Using a chemical exfoliant would also be too rough on your skin. It's best not to touch your skin at all while doing this.

MemberMember
(@nas-esco)

Posted : 02/20/2014 11:38 am

So your solution to acne would be taking : Omega 3, Zinc, and Vitamin A + Multivitamin + Exercise + Taking probiotics = no acne? That sounds kinda easy.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 02/20/2014 12:05 pm

It isn't that easy. Acne is like cancer; it's a collection of diseases lumped together because they all look clinically similar. Fortunately it isn't life threatening.

Probiotics are not a quick fix for gut issues. I don't know where that idea is coming from. If you have leaky gut, it could take months or years to heal even if you're doing everything right.

Vitamin A certainly helps, but supplements are weak. Beef liver is a good source of the biologically active form.

I agree with you that the regimen only covers acne up. Your body is trying to send a message by giving you acne. Brushing is over with benzoyl peroxide is paramount to ignoring a distress signal.

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 02/20/2014 3:45 pm

So your solution to acne would be taking : Omega 3, Zinc, and Vitamin A + Multivitamin + Exercise + Taking probiotics = no acne? That sounds kinda easy.

Yeah, plus avoiding dairy. but I think that you'll notice that vitamin A, if you take it in the right amount, (I get a 10,000 IU supplement, plus 2500 IU from my multivitamin + 2500 IU from Omega 3) will make your skin dry, so you'll have to use lotion once or twice a day. I do it after my skin dries from getting out of the shower.

It isn't that easy. Acne is like cancer; it's a collection of diseases lumped together because they all look clinically similar. Fortunately it isn't life threatening.

Probiotics are not a quick fix for gut issues. I don't know where that idea is coming from. If you have leaky gut, it could take months or years to heal even if you're doing everything right.

Vitamin A certainly helps, but supplements are weak. Beef liver is a good source of the biologically active form.

I agree with you that the regimen only covers acne up. Your body is trying to send a message by giving you acne. Brushing is over with benzoyl peroxide is paramount to ignoring a distress signal.

After researching more about the gut, I think the only thing I left out was getting fiber/digestive enzymes. I think drinking water is a given. Probiotics did the trick for me and I guess that's where it came from. Vitamin A can be toxic if you get it in too high of doses. And it's a healthier option than Accutane, that's for sure.

MemberMember
(@nas-esco)

Posted : 02/21/2014 7:49 am

What do you mean by not doing the Regimen while taking Vit A? How are they relevant to each other?

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 02/21/2014 11:31 am

This is pretty common knowledge but certainly not a cure by any means. Although this might help it will not cure acne for the large majority. These are simply good suggestions to use as an adjunctive therapy with the regimen.

MemberMember
(@dolan-duck)

Posted : 02/21/2014 12:13 pm

I think everyone knows that the regimen is not gonna cure the root cause of your acne. And you can do all those things that you said and all the other supposedly good things for acne and still not get rid of acne. It's not that simple. And I have eaten for years a lot more vitamin A than you and I eat many high A vitamin foods daily and that hasn't made any effect on my sebum amount. You can theorize all day every day but it still don't necessarily have any practical use in real life.

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 02/22/2014 9:07 am

What do you mean by not doing the Regimen while taking Vit A? How are they relevant to each other?

If you take a good amount of vitamin A, your skin is going to be thin and really sensitive. Trust me I've tried multiple times, doing anything whatsoever to you skin while you are taking what I am saying is going to make your skin worse because it's damaging it.

This is pretty common knowledge but certainly not a cure by any means. Although this might help it will not cure acne for the large majority. These are simply good suggestions to use as an adjunctive therapy with the regimen.

How is the regimen, something that 100% won't cure acne, a better solution than permanently stopping acne by stopping the sebaceous glands from being over-active? If you are doubtful that it will work, don't be. Especially don't condemn if for others when you haven't tried it yourself. And would you use the regimen with accutane? No. Why do you think that is?

I think everyone knows that the regimen is not gonna cure the root cause of your acne. And you can do all those things that you said and all the other supposedly good things for acne and still not get rid of acne. It's not that simple. And I have eaten for years a lot more vitamin A than you and I eat many high A vitamin foods daily and that hasn't made any effect on my sebum amount. You can theorize all day every day but it still don't necessarily have any practical use in real life.

Maybe Dan should not say, "Very Effective", if it's not at all effective. How would you know how much vitamin a I've eaten dude? And It's not a theory that vitamin a works to reduce sebum, it's more of a fact. And I just made this to help others. It has already worked for me.

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/22/2014 10:39 am

that is because sebum production is determined by your genetic makeup

MemberMember
(@venti888)

Posted : 02/22/2014 11:18 am

The acne regimen is not an effective method in permanently stopping acne. It just masks the symptoms. Here are the causes of acne, and how to permanently stop acne.

Hormones - Most of acne is caused by hormones. Certain hormones signal the skin to produce more oil and sebum, which causes acne. The ONLY way to stop acne permanently is to shrink these things permanently. One fact that isn't as known as it should be is that DAIRY PRODUCTS CONTAIN TONS OF HORMONES. You should stay far away from dairy products if you want to permanently clear your acne. Also, Omega 3, Zinc, and Vitamin A (instead of accutane), are healthy ways to get your body to produce less sebum.

Liver - Your liver tries to filter out excess hormones, when it's functioning, but even then, it cannot get all hormones out. To function properly, your liver needs a wide range of vitamins and a healthy body from exercise. I suggest a multivitamin.

Gut - A bad gut can cause a wide range of problems, not just regarding skin. Taking probiotics worked well for me, but you should also try to get dietary fiber and drink lots of water.

Stress - Stress is a cause, although it doesn't usually cause a lot of acne. Vitamin B has been shown to ease the effects of stress.

Regarding a skin care regimen, using the regimen would be far too rough on your skin. You don't use it while taking vitamin a for the same reason you don't take it while using accutane (a derivative of vitamin a). Using a chemical exfoliant would also be too rough on your skin. It's best not to touch your skin at all while doing this.

Friend, about the part on "Milk causes lots of hormones", I would disagree. It doesn't really matter actually because some people can also drink milk and not have them. Rather, think what activities causes you to break out often and cease them would help. The rest isn't in your hand.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 02/22/2014 12:14 pm

that is because sebum production is determined by your genetic makeup

Except it's not. Well, it is, in part. I used to have oily skin. I cleaned up my diet and stopped using BP, oily skin went away. Skin is now perfectly balanced. Yes, n=1, but it's better than your n=0.

MemberMember
(@tranceaddict)

Posted : 02/22/2014 1:39 pm

MemberMember
(@orlando158)

Posted : 02/22/2014 3:31 pm

no such thing as cure for acne

MemberMember
(@y0y0ma)

Posted : 02/22/2014 6:12 pm

"How is the regimen, something that 100% won't cure acne, a better solution than permanently stopping acne by stopping the sebaceous glands from being over-active? If you are doubtful that it will work, don't be. Especially don't condemn if for others when you haven't tried it yourself. And would you use the regimen with accutane? No. Why do you think that is?"

Everyone knows that the regimen will not cure your acne. It does a great job of 'masking it' and has been proven in a lot of clinical trials to be an effective way to help reduce acne.

I have tried everything (yes, everything) you have suggested and although I have seen a little bit of improvement it certainly has not 'cured' my acne by any means. Your suggestions are widely known on this site and for the large majority of people who have tried them and documented their progress, so to speak, it has not cured them either.

Where is you evidence that your suggestions cure acne? Please base your arguments on information from peer reviewed journals and provide references instead of anecdotal evidence. Everyone reacts differently to different therapies. This is why there is not a cure, because acne is made up of a variety of factors.

Your suggestions are simply that; suggestions. They are definitely worth a try and are a good basis for helping reduce acne... But to suggest that it is a cure is irrational and irresponsible.

When you say that the large majority have tried what I am saying and have documented their progress, you failed to list any evidence for that argument yourself. Produce one of these "many" people who did it patiently.

Do I need to produce research that shows that there are acne causing hormones in milk? It seemed obviously factual and universally accepted. Do I need evidence that zinc can aid in clearing people's skin? There is much available research out there. Also accepted everywhere. Zinc is needed to produce and release hormones, and convert omega 6 fats into good prostaglandins (things that regulate hormone levels and prevent inflammation). Omega 3 is the main ingredient for the production of good prostaglandins. Prostaglandins are hurt by dairy of course, and also fried foods that contain a lot of saturated fat. Vitamin A helps to reduce sebum production if your glands have been overstimulated by androgens.

I'll let you believe what you want, but to say that this doesn't work would be ignoring the facts. You are the irrational and irresponsible one who condemns something before he completely understands it.

MemberMember
(@leadingforce)

Posted : 02/23/2014 2:25 pm

in simple terms it stops acne from forming and the regimen clears the existing acne