Notifications
Clear all

Side Effect Of Benzoyl Peroxide

MemberMember
(@chris14)

Posted : 02/11/2014 1:27 pm

I was perscribed the acne medicine duac by my gp, after 2 and a half weeks of use (once daily) the skin around the affected area became dis-colored from a pinkish color to pale white, this ended 4 weeks ago and my skin color has still not returned to what it was, i am unsure if there has been any improvement at all, does anyone have any similar experience or anything to contribute?

MemberMember
(@thebob)

Posted : 03/16/2014 3:39 pm

I used Duac myself a while ago, I didn't experience that at all really, Duac didn't work for me but i think it's only because it was before i understood really when/why my face got a lot of spots, that reason being irritation. I was applying it more than prescribed and with other things too. One thing i do remember is its very very drying and that could be your problem, maybe you're using too much of it ? or maybe it's a good idea to moisturise before applying (before because it has a weird texture that almost sticks to the face). I'm obviously not a professional but i'd suggest stop using the product for a while, let your skin heal and then retry