Notifications
Clear all

Rode To Clear Skin Without Initial Breakout

MemberMember
(@townes)

Posted : 02/05/2014 7:25 pm

Ugh I just realized I spelt road wrong.. oh well

So, I posted back a while ago about turmeric and garlic helping acne. It surely did help. But, I am here again to sum up what I have done over the months where I spent over 100 dollars on different pills just to find the perfect regimen. My initial fear was the initial breakout from using facial products. So, I went through the "pill" route and tested a couple of different pills: vitamin a, d, e, c, b5, multivitamin, garlic, turmeric, bee-pollen, acai berry, omega 3, krill oil, magnesium, zinc, alpha lipoic acid and echinacea. And not all of these worked. Some of them broke me out, made my face oily, red, etc.

My regimen:

And I am guaranteeing that these 5 pills I am taking will help with acne: bee pollen, garlic, acai berry, turmeric, and vitamin c. I originally started with turmeric powder and it was quite useful in reducing breakouts. I then used bee pollen as an antioxidant and garlic as an antifungal supplement. Acai berry and vitamin c is used for clearing up the acne scars/marks left over.

And also, I started using aloe vera gel 99% Mill Creek Botanicals for my left over scars. The ingredients are all very safe and non comedogenic. When I apply it on the face, it feels watery unlike other "gel-like" aloe vera gels, and refreshing. I used the jason 98% gel before and it BROKE ME OUT. DO NOT USE on face. I don't breakout as much as before where it used to be inflamed and hurt when it surfaced. But now, I get occasional whiteheads that is related to my hormone. Overall, I only have 1-2 bumps on my face right now. Back in 2012 december, I broke out horribly after using a facial product and everything went downhill from there.. At the time, I had over 10 inflamed papules and eventually I visited the dermatologist and they prescribed me with a topical and oral supplement. BUT I regret it today that I have used it for acne because it made my face more red after use..

Things that broke me out:

Vitamin e is an exception I think.. some brands can break you out and some won't. The first brand I used was called "sisu" and it didn't break me out while my local store vitamin e broke me out with bumps.

Vitamin d did not break me out but made me really tired

Vitamin b5 broke me out = initial breakout and made my face red

Multivitamin is something that I will not take due to the ingredients in there such as biotin b6,12 vitamins which causes breakouts. And I did breakout from multivitamins.

Omega 3 and Krill Oil is dependant on your skin type. Mine was oily and the oils made me breakout for some reason

Zinc made my face red and swollen but for some it works.. I think that there are better alternatives to zinc though

Echinacea was taken because I thought my redness wasn't acne scars but eczema or rosacea. But it turns out that I don't have rosacea. This pill broke me out.

Alpha Lipoic Acid was for my acne scars but I did notice some bumps forming so I stopped taking it.

Things that didn't break me out:

Bee pollen is a great supplement not only or your acne but also your immune system.

Garlic is another great supplement that does wonders. I think that garlic and turmeric had the biggest impact on controlling my breakouts

Turmeric is a must for controlling acne. If you can't take it in the powder form, you have the option for the pills as well

Acai Berry is so good for acne scars that I noticed my skin becoming smoother along with vitamin c

Vitamin C is one of the best supplement for acne marks/scars. I used to have bumps all over my nose but it's smoother now after a week of use.

Aloe Vera 99% Mill Creek Botanicals is just like the aloe vera plant and is used for acne scars left over after you control your breakouts. It also has cucumber extracts and essential oils for added plus.

Final Breakdown:

DO NOT take all of the supplements at once. Introduce them into your regimen slowly. This is what I did:

Turmeric powder 1 spoon/pill at night time

2-3 days later, add garlic to the regimen: 1 pills/day for a week and 2 pills/day after that

2-3 days later, add bee pollen to the regimen: 1 pill/day

**2-3 days later, add vitamin C and acai berry pills: 2 pills/day each

**Used for acne scars and red marks

Nutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser: I use this to clean my face at night and it is really gentle on the face. After this, I apply the aloe vera gel. I personally don't exfoliate because it CAN make you breakout initially. The goal of this regimen is to not have any initial breakout in the first place.

Aloe Vera Gel 99% Mill Creek Botanicals - You should use this product after adding bee pollen to the regimen. I apply it once a day at night time. First time, I applied it to small affected areas such as just the chin to see if I would breakout. After waiting a few days, I didn't breakout so I applied it everywhere on my face slowly. Chin first day. Chin and jaw next day. Chin, cheeks, mouth area next day.. etc

IN THE END, I think patience is the answer. Although you might see some quick results with vitamin c, acai berry and aloe vera, controlling my breakout did take over a month. Good luck!

As a word of warning: Do not use any aloe vera gel in the market. You should just use the brand I have recommended OR just use an aloe vera plant.

MemberMember
(@townes)

Posted : 02/06/2014 11:17 am

I've attached the photo here to show you my current acne state.. as you see my face isn't inflamed anymore and left with a few marks:D

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 02/07/2014 12:12 pm

Wow thats great well done i was wondering how to take the tumeric powder because i dont have enough money to buy capsules regularly.

MemberMember
(@townes)

Posted : 02/07/2014 2:01 pm

Umm if you want to take the powder form, you take a spoon and fill it up half of it or more. Then, you take a sip of water (just a little bit) and don't swallow it. Open your mouth wide, put it in your mouth, and drink lots of water. When I first tried it, I hated the taste.

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 02/09/2014 5:02 am

Yeah i did that before but then i just threw it up dont think its for me lol but thanks

MemberMember
(@townes)

Posted : 02/24/2014 4:29 am

Well, I added 2 more things and replaced one. I added grape fruit seed extract for candida and vitamin d3 with magnesium. I replaced garlic pill with garlic "bulb" pill which I found in target. Candida is basically like a fungal bacteria that can cause acne because it excretes the toxins through the face if there is a build up of the yeasts. So, I tested it at home where I took a glass of water in the morning and spit into it. If legs form and then sink to the bottom within 3-4 minutes, you have high levels of yeast (Mine formed within a minute). So, to counter the yeasts, you have to take antifungals like grape fruit seed extract or cloves (Which I ordered as a pill and coming this week). So far, I noticed that the redness you see in the picture was reduced after taking one of these supplements. Btw I broke out last week from probiotics after taking it just for ONE day so I stopped it immediately.

MemberMember
(@townes)

Posted : 07/28/2014 7:14 am

It's been over 3 months since I've visited this forum ^^ I am back here to update you on my acne and my current regimen. First, I hardly get any acne anymore.. maybe once a month that is not that noticeable and disappears within a few days. I've been taking garlic pill (bulb) - one at night, vitamin e - one at night, vitamin d - one at morning and night, vitamin c - one at morning and night, alpha lipoic acid - one at morning and night, bee propolis - one at night. The most important pill that is controlling my acne currently is alpha lipoic acid. During the first few weeks I took it, I noticed a little bit of breakout but not much at all. By the end of the first month and onward, it controlled my acne almost completely. I wash my face with neutrogena extra gentle cleanser at night time. And that's it ^^ The only problem I have now is to take care of the pigmentation left from my acne where I will look more into it to get rid of it

MemberMember
(@threedaysgrace)

Posted : 07/30/2014 12:47 am

It's been over 3 months since I've visited this forum ^^ I am back here to update you on my acne and my current regimen. First, I hardly get any acne anymore.. maybe once a month that is not that noticeable and disappears within a few days. I've been taking garlic pill (bulb) - one at night, vitamin e - one at night, vitamin d - one at morning and night, vitamin c - one at morning and night, alpha lipoic acid - one at morning and night, bee propolis - one at night. The most important pill that is controlling my acne currently is alpha lipoic acid. During the first few weeks I took it, I noticed a little bit of breakout but not much at all. By the end of the first month and onward, it controlled my acne almost completely. I wash my face with neutrogena extra gentle cleanser at night time. And that's it ^^ The only problem I have now is to take care of the pigmentation left from my acne where I will look more into it to get rid of it

use uva ursi extract