Notifications
Clear all

Help! Whatever I Do, It Gets Worse And Worse

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 01/30/2014 8:25 am

So I started Yaz 6 months ago... and broke out worse than ever. Which didn't use to happen, it used to help. I continued taking it for 2 months, couldnt stand the breakout anymore and quit. Went 3 months without the pill. My acne got better in the first month, but then began to progressively get worse during month 2 and 3. I decided I'd go on Diane after month 3 (at that point I'd get cysts every week or so). Right now, I'm starting my second month of diane, and my skin is much worse than it even was during month 3 off the pill. Cysts emerging every 2-3 days. I'm honestly baffled. I have to wait 3 weeks for my appointment with my obgyn, and I'm planning to take hormone tests then, but right, what do I do? It seems that if I stay on diane, I will have my entire face covered in cysts by the end of this month. If i go off, can it possibly get EVEN worse that it is now, with maybe 10 of them every single day? I'm so lost, please help me, this is pretty urgent.

MemberMember
(@tracy521)

Posted : 01/30/2014 12:17 pm

call the doc and get on a good antibiotic and then get cortisone shots to get rid of those cysts. most derms can squeeze you in right away for the cysts and then can give you an antibiotic but if you cant get into the derm then i would suggest going to see your primary doc.they can give you the antibiotics at least. good luck to you!

MemberMember
(@nuckingfuts)

Posted : 02/24/2014 9:53 pm

So I started Yaz 6 months ago... and broke out worse than ever. Which didn't use to happen, it used to help. I continued taking it for 2 months, couldnt stand the breakout anymore and quit. Went 3 months without the pill. My acne got better in the first month, but then began to progressively get worse during month 2 and 3. I decided I'd go on Diane after month 3 (at that point I'd get cysts every week or so). Right now, I'm starting my second month of diane, and my skin is much worse than it even was during month 3 off the pill. Cysts emerging every 2-3 days. I'm honestly baffled. I have to wait 3 weeks for my appointment with my obgyn, and I'm planning to take hormone tests then, but right, what do I do? It seems that if I stay on diane, I will have my entire face covered in cysts by the end of this month. If i go off, can it possibly get EVEN worse that it is now, with maybe 10 of them every single day? I'm so lost, please help me, this is pretty urgent.

i'm a guy and i've been having cystic acne for 25 years, i've been taking 12 drops of 2% Lugol's iodine + 200mcg selenium + sea salt in distilled water daily for last 2 months and there's been a huge improvement, even when i eat wheat and sugar and coffee which used to make me break out real bad.

the iodine also helps to repair the skin but get some sun too since it helps with the cysts.

i also would use ice (in a plastic bag) on the cysts and then put aloe vera gel on them, works well.........

MemberMember
(@lifelong-confusion)

Posted : 02/26/2014 3:08 am

I tried Iodine before, it actually made me break out badly so I had to stop :(

I do have aloe vera gel but i think it tightens my skin too much to the point i can't open my mouth, lol. I usually put some polysporin on them, really helps against scarring. Azelaic acid also works well.

MemberMember
(@nuckingfuts)

Posted : 02/28/2014 4:23 am

I tried Iodine before, it actually made me break out badly so I had to stop

I do have aloe vera gel but i think it tightens my skin too much to the point i can't open my mouth, lol. I usually put some polysporin on them, really helps against scarring. Azelaic acid also works well.

Lugol's iodine causes breakout as it flushes out the toxic metals in your body, you can greatly reduce that by drinking (preferable non-fluoridated water) and sea-salt........

the breakouts should go away after 1-2 weeks and the improvements will be quick.