Notifications
Clear all

Not Sure If I Popped Pimple Too Early?

MemberMember
(@baconburger)

Posted : 01/30/2014 8:21 am

So I have had extreme success in fighting acne, largely in thanks to Neutrogena stuff in addition to cutting out most dairy and withdrawing sugar for a while. Had some marks but faded them quickly thanks to that Scar Zone stuff.

However, very recently I got my first pimple in months on my upper lip area below the nose. I kinda freaked I guess, and let it sit as a whitehead for a day before trying to pop it. Clear pus came out instead of a large amount of white crap. It looked like I got it all out though, I didn't remember how to do it properly.... I knew I'd regret it.

This was yesterday morning. Fast forward to today and I'm terrified I popped it too early. It's now a large and tender red mark that is raised verrrrrry slightly. Thing is, I can't even tell if there's still stuff trapped underneath. It kind of looks like it when I push the area forward from the inside of my mouth, but I'm not sure. It's a really obvious and bright red, very humiliating, specially around the chicks. Luckily I'm otherwise a confident guy, but this is a huge downer for me, and I'm worried it will remain active for weeks rather than the days it could have been.

I have no idea what to do now. Is it still an active pimple from that description? If so, how long will it take to bring back to a head? I want to get it back up ASAP if it is so I can finish the job. I don't care if it leaves a mark after, Scar Zone is goddamn magical. Works in like a week if you use it twice a day for 3 minutes at a time.

Is it possible that I did finish the job already and it's just healing? How long will this take? And if so, Why would it still be slightly raised? When can I be sure it's good to start applying scar treatment?

I hope you guys can give me some answers, I thought I was done with acne for good and this is stressing me the hell out :(

Edit: also, if it isn't finished, how can I bring it back to a head ASAP?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 02/01/2014 1:25 pm

Usually a spot will refill quite quickly if you didnt get all the pus out, like overnight.

If its still tender and not re-filled then i think it may just be an open wound, it will need to dry up.

The lip area is notorious for swelling, so please dont worry too much.

I would put some anti-sceptic cream on it, and let it scab up. Hopefully, it should flatten out and become painless. You might be left with a faint pink mark, but that will go in time.

Good luck