Notifications
Clear all

Helplessness.

MemberMember
(@wolfvvordes)

Posted : 01/23/2014 11:14 am

So, in the middle of December I went to the dermatologist (my acne has gotten REALLY bad at this point, to the point where it psychically hurt. Concentrated mainly on the cheeks) and he prescribed me Doxycycline. He told me to take it continuously for five days and then alternate days for a few weeks. I did that but have now since stopped taking those antibiotics. They did help a little.

During this time, I also started to apply coconut oil all over my face right before bed. I did this because its very moisturizing for my skin(I needed that badly at that point) and it helped me get rid of acne the last time I had it this bad. (which was years ago).

I also started doing the Oil Cleansing Method but with just coconut oil.

And recently, I've gotten some tea tree oil which I use as spot treatment and occasionally I will apply aloe vera gel all over my face.

(I am all for natural products)

So, while active acne disappeared from my cheeks considerably, it left with it redness that just somehow keeps getting worse and worse.

I still have REALLY BAD REDNESS on my face. Covering both of my cheeks. Some scars. Some weird reddish purplish things that arents pimples but just there.

And it really effects me badly. It makes me obsess over my skin, always trying to look up new ways to fix it. I stare at my skin in the mirror, always leaving with that hopeless sinking feeling. I dread going to events now and looking people in the eyes while talking to them as I am always self conscious they will take notice of my bad skin. I hate waking up earlier just to pile on layers of makeup on my face so that I can hide away whatever I can.

I am sick of living like this. I dont want to be controlled by the condition of my skin anymore. But as I working towards a more confident self, I also need a way to clear up my skin.

It's mostly redness. A couple of active pimples. Scars. Pigmentation. But it looks disgusting on most days. And skin feels rough.

Help me someone?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/24/2014 3:45 am

I thought coconut oil was pore blocking?...my friend used it and it gave her nice skin for a week, then bamn, her acne got real bad.

MemberMember
(@claudiazwemmen30)

Posted : 01/24/2014 4:26 am

If it is hyperpigmentation it will go away in a couple of months, and during that time you can use AHApeelings to speed things up a little.

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/24/2014 7:01 pm

Stop using the coconut oil. It's highly comedogenic, and can actually dry your skin (though it depends from person to person). Use a moisturizer like CeraVe if you need to, but for now it would probably be best if you just left your face alone.