Notifications
Clear all

Moisturize Or Not?

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 01/19/2014 11:19 am

So I am wondering, If I just use a gentle cleanser that does not strip my skin, do I really have to moisturize? I hate the way they feel on my face and I feel like I get way oilier with them on. Chime in if you don't use a moisturizer! I'm beginning to think they are a bunch of malarky.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/19/2014 12:46 pm

You have to moisturise. If you dont then your skin sometimes produces too much oil to compensate. It restores the natural balance of moisture in the skin.Plus it makes your skin more youthful.

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 01/19/2014 12:57 pm

You have to moisturise. If you dont then your skin sometimes produces too much oil to compensate. It restores the natural balance of moisture in the skin.Plus it makes your skin more youthful.

I'm pretty sure thats a myth and if I'm not stripping my skin to begin with, why does it need to be "restored"?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/19/2014 1:23 pm

I don't use a moisturizer. I did for a very long time up until about 2 weeks ago. I think putting anything on your face has a potential to change its function.

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 01/19/2014 2:03 pm

I don't use a moisturizer. I did for a very long time up until about 2 weeks ago. I think putting anything on your face has a potential to change its function.

Do you use a face wash or just water? Also, what skin type do you have? I have oily/combo skin and have just been using water and no moisturizer for about a week. I don't know if water is enough though.

MemberMember
(@paigems)

Posted : 01/19/2014 2:04 pm

I don't moisturize, and I don't think it's necessary. Pretty much every moisturizer also clogs me.

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/19/2014 2:07 pm

Moisturising really helped me with my acne and has also helped to fix the problems caused by years of BP.

Everyones skin is different, you might not need to moisturise.

My mother made me moisturise since age 12 as. in her words, 'japanese girls cant be wrinkly' *sigh*

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/19/2014 5:55 pm

I use soap once every 3 days, just a plain bar of soap. Well, something I bought from a health food shop - it has royal jelly and stuff in it. But it seems to do nice things to my skin.

My skin used to be very oily (back when I was doing the regimen). Now it's just normal. Not too much oil, not too little. Not sure what you call that. Combination skin? idk

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 01/19/2014 6:29 pm

I use soap once every 3 days, just a plain bar of soap. Well, something I bought from a health food shop - it has royal jelly and stuff in it. But it seems to do nice things to my skin.

My skin used to be very oily (back when I was doing the regimen). Now it's just normal. Not too much oil, not too little. Not sure what you call that. Combination skin? idk

What do you do in between using soap?

MemberMember
(@quetzlcoatl)

Posted : 01/19/2014 6:55 pm

I wash with warm water at night only. Sometimes in the morning, but not always.

MemberMember
(@sadie214)

Posted : 01/20/2014 12:17 pm

I had oily skin prior to using accutane and I didn't wear a moisturizer! If you feel that your skin doesn't need it, don't use it. But I would recommend using a lightweight moisturizer at night. Also water alone will not cleanse the skin, so you do need a cleanser! Maybe a hydrating cleanser if you're not going to follow up with moisturizer.

MemberMember
(@willbill)

Posted : 01/20/2014 1:33 pm

I had oily skin prior to using accutane and I didn't wear a moisturizer! If you feel that your skin doesn't need it, don't use it. But I would recommend using a lightweight moisturizer at night. Also water alone will not cleanse the skin, so you do need a cleanser! Maybe a hydrating cleanser if you're not going to follow up with moisturizer.

http://www.drugstore.com/free-and-clear-liquid-cleanser-for-sensitive-skin/qxp225931

would that be considered a hydrating cleanser?

MemberMember
(@sadie214)

Posted : 02/07/2014 6:33 pm

sorry for the delayed response but this is the one I use and I think it's great. a hydrating cleanser will state that it is hydrating and/or moisturizing! http://www.cerave.com/our-products/cleansers/hydrating-cleanser