Notifications
Clear all

Miracle Not Being So Miraculous Anymore

MemberMember
(@saturisk)

Posted : 01/12/2014 3:05 pm

This is a very long story sorry I got excited.

I have had acne since I started high school. It started off slowly and eventually covered my whole face and now has moved to below my chin. I went to a dermatologist and was put on 10% benzoyl peroxide solution by Clean and Clear for the mornings, then Tazorac (0.05%) at night before I go to bed. Also I had doxycylcline hyclate as the inside antibiotic. I was told that my acne was gonna get way worse then it was gonna get better and I should see improvements in four weeks. So I did my daily regimen for about five weeks, but my acne started getting so unbearable that my girlfriend would throw something at me and would miss and hit my face and it would almost bring me to my knees. Sleeping was also terrible. My dermatologist just kept telling me to keep at it and i would eventually see signs of healing. They never came. So I stopped using it and my face started getting better for a couple days, but then that stopped so I tried the every other day thing. That didn't work that well either, I had way too strong of medicine.

Now for the real story. My grandma found an article about Milk of Magnesia as an acne treatment. I completely disregarded it because that was silly. I wasn't going to run a laxative on my face. However, one night I just got really sick of my acne and I started reading up about it and it had helped many people with mild to severe acne and it worked like 90% of the time since its all natural and has many things that stop acne from growing, helps healing of scars and skin, and will give your face a nice complexion. Ah what the hell. I'll rub laxatives on my face. You just make a mask of it and leave it on for about ten minutes then wash it off and go to sleep.

It worked! It was insane how fast all of my acne started to get smaller and some of my huge pimples started to disappear. I was really excited and have been using it for about a week and a half now? Maybe? I think so. So every night before I go to bed I rub the stuff on my face and then let it dry etc. Repeat. However, I've noticed in the past couple days that some pimples will start popping up over night and the treatment has kind of plateaued. I can put a little dab of it on the pimple and it will be a lot smaller by leaving it on all night and not washing it off. However I just don't see any more improvements... I use clean and clear dual moisturizer with salicylic acid and dove bars of soap. That and the Milk of magnesia is all I have put on my face but now I'm not seeing anymore progress and I don't know where to begin from here. My grandma gave me a huge thing of the doxycycline so I am taking that everyday. I workout from time to time each weak, I eat relatively healthy. I try to reduce my face touching, but everything I do, I still have a bunch of red marks around my face. I even cut all of my hair off down to my five-year-old-boyish-charm look. I don't know if maybe something that I am using now is prohibiting my face to get even more clear or if I just need to wait it out, but none of my acne are looking like they are going away. It just looks like I am keeping them at bay.

MemberMember
(@saturisk)

Posted : 01/13/2014 3:29 pm

I guess I may have made this too long.

My main problem is I have been using the Dove "White" moisturizer bars and milk of magnesia, and it keeps my acne at bay but it doesn't improve old acne. I just look like a small pepperoni pizza now.

How can I improve this?

MemberMember
(@bonsai77)

Posted : 01/13/2014 3:39 pm

Old acne, you mean hyperpigmentation? the flat red marks left behind? These can be annoying, especially when you get rid of active acne.

Exfoliation usually gets rid of these, as it sheds the old skin and reveals new skin. Glycolic acid facewashes are the best in my opinion.

You could use skin lightner?

I dont know much about dove, never used it as i use japanese products back home. Ill do some research and see if it can help at all with the marks.

MemberMember
(@saturisk)

Posted : 01/13/2014 7:56 pm

Thanks for the quick response! And I don't know if it's considered hyperpigmentation.. I mean i've had it for a couple months I know that, same acne and stuff. I'm not familiar with the term though so I don't know. I use dove because it is mostly all natural and its highly recommended for skin because its soft on it. I just bought gentle exfoliation bars too apparently the box was split down the middle from the "white" kind and the exfoliating. So i'll try that with a moisturizer.

I guess I'm also kind of wondering, should I keep using my Clean and Clear dual moisturizer with Salicylic acid? I don't really know if that's helping or hurting my skin because I don't notice any change...

MemberMember
(@katie789)

Posted : 01/14/2014 2:07 pm

I've found that AHA helps with red marks from old acne and gives my skin a glowy look. I use Paula's Choice 8% AHA gel.

Good luck :)

MemberMember
(@blessedferry)

Posted : 01/14/2014 2:12 pm

I guess I may have made this too long.

My main problem is I have been using the Dove "White" moisturizer bars and milk of magnesia, and it keeps my acne at bay but it doesn't improve old acne. I just look like a small pepperoni pizza now.

How can I improve this?

Dove soap makes me break out..I can only use Ivory soap on my face.It keeps things on the dry side,but keeps new acne at bay.

MemberMember
(@saturisk)

Posted : 01/14/2014 9:55 pm

Well I don't really have an option I guess... it's all I have... I also ordered some salicylic acid wash... I just wish, as many others do, this would go away.