Good Spf Moisturize...

Notifications
Clear all

Good Spf Moisturizer/ Etc

MemberMember
(@sato20)

Posted : 01/08/2014 1:14 pm

Hey guys.

First, I wanted to see if anyone has found a good spf moisturizer that doesnt irritate and actually moisturizes (crazy thought right). I currently use the Aveeno ultra calming with feverfew which seems to work ok but it is only spf 15 and does not seem to really moisturize and instead dries my face out, which im sure in part is due to the suscreen. Plus I dont know if it actually reduces redness as it claims to.

Also just wanted to discuss a few general regimen questions and possible tips. As a background I have been on and off the regimen since roughly 2008 and I always seem to come back to it after trying something else (only reason I stray is bc of the time it takes morning and night and redness it causes). I have been on accutane multiple times unfortunatley and I feel that it has changed my skin to always be somewhat red and uneven looking. I also experience this warm sensation in my face at times like I can feel my face is hotter than the rest of my body which is really uncomfortable. Does anyone experince this or something similar? If so what are some tips you might have for reducing the redness and warm sensation?

I am also trying to find a good combination/method of using the jojoba oil and AHA since today marks 3 months on the regimen and I am still having dryness/flake issues. I was using less than a pea size amount of AHA in my moisturizer morning and night which did a good job with the flakes but realized it might be a reason I still have the redness. So I switched it up to adding in jojoba oil with the aha and moistuizer but A) my face actually felt tighter after so Im not sure if theyre good to use together and B) not everywhere but I seem to get small bumps on my cheeks and sometimes forehead after using the jojoba vs just the AHA. I know it says non comodegenic but I cant think what else it could be. I recently read a few posts of people using jojoba before they apply the bp and it really helped them with the flakes and tight/dry feeling so I would like to try that but am afraid it will break me out. Has anyone experienced this?

I appreciate any feedback you guys can give.

Thanks!