Notifications
Clear all

Minocycline Dosage

MemberMember
(@kinso89)

Posted : 01/07/2014 12:51 pm

Have just been prescribed minocycline I was told to take 100mg a day that's what it says on the leaflet but I feel being 80kg weight that is too low especially after reading dosages on here so I've doubled up to 200mg naughty me ( I will be able to get more) is this a good idea does anyone think it's for moderate body acne,

MemberMember
(@zaneyb)

Posted : 01/07/2014 11:53 pm

While I don't have an answer to your question, I am in a similar situation.

I was also just prescribed minocycline today, but at a dose of 115 mg. However, I only weigh about 160 lbs. According to the leaflet, my dose is way over what I should be receiving. I am unsure whether I should just go with what I was prescribed or call the doctor back.

MemberMember
(@kinso89)

Posted : 01/08/2014 4:53 am

Is that solodyn your taking ? Mine is just a branded minocycline in 100mg tablets I think you should be okay on 115mg if it's solodyn it's time release medication so will absorb throughout the day

MemberMember
(@nignog)

Posted : 01/08/2014 6:15 am

This is the most autistic thing i have read on this website, past 80mg dose you will end up getting the severe side effects and much more severe cracked lips, nose bleeds, blurry eyes etc.. compared to someone taking a much lower dose which is around 40mg+. past 100 you are begging for consitaption, infamatory bowel, ulcerative colitis which can become chronic.

You upping the dose to 200mg and i am starting to think you don't have a working braincell in that head of yours. I am 6ft3, 87 kg, 10% bfat and i am on 40mg a day for moderate body and face acne.

Have fun playing with your stomach, chap.

MemberMember
(@zaneyb)

Posted : 01/08/2014 11:07 am

Is that solodyn your taking ? Mine is just a branded minocycline in 100mg tablets I think you should be okay on 115mg if it's solodyn it's time release medication so will absorb throughout the day

Yes, mine is Solodyn.

MemberMember
(@kinso89)

Posted : 01/08/2014 3:12 pm

This is the most autistic thing i have read on this website, past 80mg dose you will end up getting the severe side effects and much more severe cracked lips, nose bleeds, blurry eyes etc.. compared to someone taking a much lower dose which is around 40mg+. past 100 you are begging for consitaption, infamatory bowel, ulcerative colitis which can become chronic.

You upping the dose to 200mg and i am starting to think you don't have a working braincell in that head of yours. I am 6ft3, 87 kg, 10% bfat and i am on 40mg a day for moderate body and face acne.

Have fun playing with your stomach, chap.

I am talking about minocycline 2 x 100mg is a common dose prescribed to patients. Are you sure youve not mis read this and thinking I'm double dosing accutane?????