Notifications
Clear all

Does Acne Go After Facial Hair Growth?

MemberMember
(@daniel2345)

Posted : 01/05/2014 5:06 pm

Hey guys,

does acne go after facial hair growth? I only get those pustules on my cheeks, where I yet don't have hair, or anywhere where's my facial hair didn't grow much. and I rarely get pimple on my forehead. so is there any connection? and by the way did you notice that marks and shallow scars on the mouth area and the cheeks are more common?

cheers.

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 01/05/2014 5:13 pm

Not for everyone. I am 26, can grow a full beard and breakout more than when I was a teenager.

Rawhide liked
MemberMember
(@daniel2345)

Posted : 01/06/2014 1:49 am

Not for everyone. I am 26, can grow a full beard and breakout more than when I was a teenager.

Are your related having the same problem? i've heard it's genetic.

MemberMember
(@simon12345)

Posted : 01/06/2014 5:23 am

no

MemberMember
(@danthenewworld)

Posted : 01/06/2014 6:31 am

so where does your acne show up? does it find it's way in the middle of your full beard? or just outside the full-grown-hair areas? (like forehead, high on cheeks, between eyebrows)

MemberMember
(@13yearsofacne)

Posted : 01/06/2014 8:23 am

Hey guys,

does acne go after facial hair growth? I only get those pustules on my cheeks, where I yet don't have hair, or anywhere where's my facial hair didn't grow much. and I rarely get pimple on my forehead. so is there any connection? and by the way did you notice that marks and shallow scars on the mouth area and the cheeks are more common?

cheers.

I would say yes. If your hair follicle contains a terminal hair, that follicle shouldn't be producing comedones as the hair effectively keeps the follicle open and sebum and skin cells can migrate upwards and outwards without obstruction.

It still might give you folliculitis though,

MemberMember
(@spartan32)

Posted : 01/06/2014 3:19 pm

so where does your acne show up? does it find it's way in the middle of your full beard? or just outside the full-grown-hair areas? (like forehead, high on cheeks, between eyebrows)

My acne is on my forehead, temples, cheeks, jawline. It hasn't changed at all and I still get pimples in areas that I get facial hair including in my beard.