Notifications
Clear all

If My Skin Clears Up Best When In The Sun, Will I React Well To Light Treatment Products?

MemberMember
(@ivorynut)

Posted : 01/03/2014 8:36 pm

My first post! - I'm looking to get some advice according to my skin issues.

I live in South Wales (UK) So not a lot of sun! The sun clears my skin up very well but going on the sunbeds is pricey so I was considering buying a handheld one for convenience and to save money in the long run.

I have small bumps under my skin, mainly on my chin. They've started showing up on my cheeks too. I think it's mostly due to using make up. (If you search acne cosmetica- those small bumps are exactly what I have!)

If my skin reacts best to uv rays, does this mean that a handheld light treatment will work for me?

Also, are blue/red bulbs UVA and UVB lights? I've read that UVA light is what penetrates through your skin and clears spots.

My skin type:

Fair skin, dry, not oily. Small bumps under skin on chin and around eyebrows. These small bump are becoming more prone to breaking out into red swollen very hard/painful under-skin spots. The small spots are very apparent when skin is stretched slightly.

Benzyl Peroxide just dries my skin more and doesn't seem to do anything to rid of the small under skins spots.

I have been taking the cerazatte pill for a number of years, (it has more names i think). I have recently swapped to co-cyprindiol, recommended by my doctor to help my skin. This is my 4th week on it!

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@hawaii4life)

Posted : 01/06/2014 8:23 pm

Probably not, and I mean you could always give light treatment a shot. The reaction that takes place when your in the sun the skin produces a good amount of Vitamin D. Just my guess, but light treatments are often expensive and have no effects (At least similar to how the sun impacts your skin). I would maybe look into a Vitamin D supplement (You could be Vitamin D deficient) but again before taking any supplements I would check and get it Okay'd by you're doctor.