Notifications
Clear all

Reducing Spiro - Have You Tried 100Mg?

MemberMember
(@julisss)

Posted : 01/02/2014 9:38 am

Hey all, I'm on Spiro and I've been clear for a year now. I took 200mg each day. However, a few days ago I realised I started to develop melasma around my eyes (I'm very white skinned and don't want to look like a panda.) I am positive Spiro is the culprit as I take no other meds and my period has always been out of whack on it, so I presume I have estrogen dominance.

For this reason, I decided to cut back and only take 100mg per day until my blood test is complete. Do you think I would stay clear? Or should I take 150 instead? How much shall I take in order to balance my hormones so I don't develop acne OR melasma?

I'd be really grateful for any advice!

MemberMember
(@maria199)

Posted : 01/02/2014 11:43 am

It really depends on the person. 100 mg used to be fine. Then the second time they actually made acne worse so i am on 75. I believe it should be better to try 150 for a few days and see if it works or not. My only problem was a spilled-like liquid pattern of darker skin at my legs that vanished on its own. By the way are you using sunscreen? It may seem useless this time of the year but it could help.