Notifications
Clear all

Paleo Round 2

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/28/2013 9:27 pm

So after my brief stint on Paleo last year, I have decided to give it a go again with a shift in my focus. Instead of doing paleo for acne, I will do it to get control of my blood sugar levels, weight and overall health. Maybe i'll get lucky and it'll help my acne. We'll see. I ordered the book 'Well Fed' by Melissa Joulwan in the hopes that it will keep my meals exciting. I'll update once i officially start!

New Year....New attitude.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/10/2014 7:09 pm

WEEK 1 : DAY 1

I just went shopping and i am all set to give paleo a 30 day trial (at least). I have begun to feel the effects of too much carbs and too much sugar so its time to get my shit together and get back in gear. I have studied the book 'Well Fed' inside and out and i am truly excited to try out all these wonderful recipes.

In addition to eating better, i will dedicate myself to exercising a little bit at least 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes.

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/16/2014 5:23 am

I just went shopping and i am all set to give paleo a 30 day trial (at least). I have begun to feel the effects of too much carbs and too much sugar so its time to get my shit together and get back in gear. I have studied the book 'Well Fed' inside and out and i am truly excited to try out all these wonderful recipes.

In addition to eating better, i will dedicate myself to exercising a little bit at least 3-4 times a week for 30-45 minutes.

Hi Sasch,

I'm experimenting with various diets in an effort to cure my acne. I believe that acne is caused by diet. I'm curious about your stint with a Pescetarian diet. When you went Pescetarian, what did your 3 meals a day look like throughout the week? Also what kind of fish did you consume? Were you conscientious of whether the fish was wild-caught or farm raised? Did you also give up milk, sugars, breads, alcohols, and coffee during this Pescetarian trial?

I have also researched the Paleo diet and do not believe that it perfectly epitomizes the type of diet upon which humans evolved. Most people that subscribe to a Paleo diet are not conscientious of the type of beef, chicken, or fish they are eating. And Paleo people eat eggs, nuts, and avocado freely and I believe these foods would only have been a very, very small part of the diet upon which humans evolved.

I'm curious of your take on this. I know you are attempting Paleo as a means to control blood sugar and are hoping that it helps with your complexion as a side effect. But I'd still be interested in your analysis of the Paleo diet as it relates to acne.

MemberMember
(@faithbox)

Posted : 01/16/2014 11:19 pm

Here is an example of what I eat everyday and I workout 3-5 times a week and this is enough to recover and make it through my workouts.

8:00 AM - 3 Eggs, 1 square of dark chocolate 85-90%, 3-4 cups of kale blended with 10 strawberries, 1 spoonful of coconut oil (on eggs)

11:00 AM - Ground Turkey/Chicken Breast with avocado oil on top, 1 avocado

2:00 pm - Ground Turkey/Chicken Breast with 2-3 cups of broccoli with spoonful of coconut oil or avocado oil, 1 square dark chocolate 85-90%

4:00 PM - Apple with spoonful of coconut oil, mixed pecans, cashews, almonds, pistachios ( about 2 handfuls)

5:30 PM - (Snack) Epic Bar. Not 100% paleo but very close. Look them up they are very good. Expensive though.

8:00 PM - (Post Workout) Sweet Potato, Ground Turkey/Chicken Breast/Baked Salmon, A few blueberries, Spoonful coconut oil, A few pumpkin seeds

10:00 PM (Tiny snack) Pumpkin seeds, Handful of mixed nuts (Pumpkin seeds help me sleep)

You can be paleo and have a lot of carbs like above. Just make sure you get a lot of fat. Avocado oil, coconut oil, and nuts. My skin is clearing up very well from following this diet. I feel greater then ever before and after workouts. On my non workout days I tend to drop some carbs though. Either an apple or sweet potato. You can always tweak some foods too for different times. Whether these foods are really "paleo" or not does not really matter I think. They are all very healthy unless you have an intolerance to certain nuts, eggs, and maybe apples. I am still uncertain on apples myself but I will do some tests.

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/17/2014 4:55 am

Here is an example of what I eat everyday and I workout 3-5 times a week and this is enough to recover and make it through my workouts.

8:00 AM - 3 Eggs, 1 square of dark chocolate 85-90%, 3-4 cups of kale blended with 10 strawberries, 1 spoonful of coconut oil (on eggs)

11:00 AM - Ground Turkey/Chicken Breast with avocado oil on top, 1 avocado

2:00 pm - Ground Turkey/Chicken Breast with 2-3 cups of broccoli with spoonful of coconut oil or avocado oil, 1 square dark chocolate 85-90%

4:00 PM - Apple with spoonful of coconut oil, mixed pecans, cashews, almonds, pistachios ( about 2 handfuls)

5:30 PM - (Snack) Epic Bar. Not 100% paleo but very close. Look them up they are very good. Expensive though.

8:00 PM - (Post Workout) Sweet Potato, Ground Turkey/Chicken Breast/Baked Salmon, A few blueberries, Spoonful coconut oil, A few pumpkin seeds

10:00 PM (Tiny snack) Pumpkin seeds, Handful of mixed nuts (Pumpkin seeds help me sleep)

You can be paleo and have a lot of carbs like above. Just make sure you get a lot of fat. Avocado oil, coconut oil, and nuts. My skin is clearing up very well from following this diet. I feel greater then ever before and after workouts. On my non workout days I tend to drop some carbs though. Either an apple or sweet potato. You can always tweak some foods too for different times. Whether these foods are really "paleo" or not does not really matter I think. They are all very healthy unless you have an intolerance to certain nuts, eggs, and maybe apples. I am still uncertain on apples myself but I will do some tests.

Hi FaithBox,

I am kind of curious about your diet regimen and I have a few questions for you. How long have you been on this diet and how well has it cleared up your acne? Are you 100 percent or somewhere close? Are you using any topicals or prescription antibiotics? What kind of chicken, turkey, salmon, and eggs do you buy...do you look closely to see where it is from or do you just buy whatever they have?

Thanks for answering my questions! I am trying various diets in order to experiment with any correlation between my food consumption and breakouts. Any information you have about your personal experience is greatly appreciated.

MemberMember
(@faithbox)

Posted : 01/17/2014 1:11 pm

Eggs are organic, cage free, vegetarian fed 200mg omega 3 per egg. Meats are grass fed, no hormones, antibiotics stuff like that. I have been on this diet for about a month and am seeing great results. I feel clean inside, its a weird feeling. I don't really look to see where the food is from btw. You have to understand you may not notice results for about 3 weeks. It might get worse at first. Look up on google; paleo first two weeks and you will see what to expect from your body. I say give it a shot and stick with it for atleast a month before you decide whether or not you should continue. I will let you know in another 2 weeks what results I get.

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/17/2014 4:06 pm

Eggs are organic, cage free, vegetarian fed 200mg omega 3 per egg. Meats are grass fed, no hormones, antibiotics stuff like that. I have been on this diet for about a month and am seeing great results. I feel clean inside, its a weird feeling. I don't really look to see where the food is from btw. You have to understand you may not notice results for about 3 weeks. It might get worse at first. Look up on google; paleo first two weeks and you will see what to expect from your body. I say give it a shot and stick with it for atleast a month before you decide whether or not you should continue. I will let you know in another 2 weeks what results I get.

Eating omega-3 enriched eggs and grass fed meats is a great step towards lowering inflammation in the body. My theory is that the abundance of omega-6 and scarcity of omega-3 in our Western diets is the root cause for breakouts. So the fact you are consuming a little less omega-6 and a little more omega-3 might explain why you are seeing great results.

That being said, I have analyzed the Paleo diet and it still contains an unusually high amount of omega-6's and not enough omega-3's. There is significant scholarly literature that suggests humans evolved on a ratio of 1:1 Omega-6 to Omega-3. Contemporary Western diets have a ratio of 20 or 30 to 1. Omega-6's break down into a number of inflammatory molecules in the body and Omega-3 break down into a number of molecules that suppress inflammation. My theory is that excessive Omega-6 consumption in our diets is causally related to acne. It is just a theory that I am testing. Unfortunately I cannot use the Paleo model because it still has too much Omega-6 and not enough Omega-3.

Omega-3 enriched eggs, grass-fed beef, and free-range poultry all have much more omega-3 than regular meat at the store, but they still have a disproportionately larger amount of Omega-6 so my current diet avoids all of these. Avocado's, chocolate, and nuts like pecans, cashews, pistachios, and almonds all have insane amounts of Omega-6 and very little Omega-3 so I have completely cut these out of my diet.

Fish seems to be the best source of Omega-3 so I have incorporated this into my daily diet. I have used the diet of a non-Westernized Pacific Islander tribe as a model for how I eat. It is repetitive and I have been doing it for about three weeks. I will also keep you appraised as to whether it works out for me. I look forward to reading your results!

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/17/2014 10:44 pm

Hi Sasch,

I'm experimenting with various diets in an effort to cure my acne. I believe that acne is caused by diet. I'm curious about your stint with a Pescetarian diet. When you went Pescetarian, what did your 3 meals a day look like throughout the week? Also what kind of fish did you consume? Were you conscientious of whether the fish was wild-caught or farm raised? Did you also give up milk, sugars, breads, alcohols, and coffee during this Pescetarian trial?

I have also researched the Paleo diet and do not believe that it perfectly epitomizes the type of diet upon which humans evolved. Most people that subscribe to a Paleo diet are not conscientious of the type of beef, chicken, or fish they are eating. And Paleo people eat eggs, nuts, and avocado freely and I believe these foods would only have been a very, very small part of the diet upon which humans evolved.

I'm curious of your take on this. I know you are attempting Paleo as a means to control blood sugar and are hoping that it helps with your complexion as a side effect. But I'd still be interested in your analysis of the Paleo diet as it relates to acne.

Hi! When i first tried the Pescetarian diet, i hadn't done the research and didn't know then what i know now. I just consumed mass amounts of fish, dairy, pasta, etc, etc, etc - basically i was still eating junk.

I mostly consumed Salmon and Tilapia. Salmon was mostly wild but i don't remember where my tilapia came from.

In regards to the paleo diet today vs the paleo diet years ago, i honestly dont think people can say with 100% accuracy in what amounts the cavemen consumed certain things. I will agree though that from MY own personal experience, i am not always able to buy organic meats . I do however think that this lifestyle is much better than the standard American diet so in my book, even if i don't get it 100% right, i'm going in the right direction.

Paleo never helped me before with my acne and i am not expecting it to do so now. If it however gets me back into shape with a fairly normal blood suagr, weight, BMI, etc, then i'll be happy.

Hope these comments were helpful

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 01/18/2014 9:38 am

Hi Sasch,

Actually, is it completely the opposite of what you say. All of the Paleo communities I have ever been part of HEAVILY emphasize the quaility of all the foods consumed. I have never ever heard an actual Paleo follower say that quaility was unimportant. Quality is constantly a topic of discussion. The popular media sources who claim Paleo to be a "fad diet" are the only ones I have ever seen to claim otherwise (and obviously they are not Paleo).

The Paleo lifestyle promoted the consumption of organic, high-quality, sustainably and humanely raised foods. The reason it helps so many people, not just lose weight, but also clear their skin from acne, rashes, psoriasis, eczema, etc, is that eating the way the human body is meant to eat, as well as moving your body and reducing stress, helps your genes express themselves the way they were intended to.

I am also curious what makes you think that Paleo is not an optimal human diet? Obviously, our food is not quite as nutrient dense as it once was, and some of the meats we eat, we eat in higher quantities than they may have. Paleo is not about lving JUST LIKE a caveman, but instead living a closer lifestyle to what is optimal for humans to be healthy AND happy. A popular objection is that meat in those days was leaner than it is today. The rebuttal for that is that high quality, pastured meats are leaner than conventional meats anyway, and that's what you eat when you are Paleo, but our ancenstors didn't prize muscle meats, but rather marrow, brain, and organ meats which are not lean by any means. They ate muscle meat as well, but that's not what they were after.

For OP, the first few weeks are a little hard as you adjust from being carb dependent, but once you get over the hump, you'll never want to go back. Don't obsess about your acne, just focus on how you feel. Don't forget that socialization and getting out and about are just as important as eating right. And, finally, once you're over your 30 days, don't forget that it is PERFECTLY OK to occasionally eat something not paleo. I have been paleo for two years, and it has been life-changing for me, mentally and physically.

Eating omega-3 enriched eggs and grass fed meats is a great step towards lowering inflammation in the body. My theory is that the abundance of omega-6 and scarcity of omega-3 in our Western diets is the root cause for breakouts. So the fact you are consuming a little less omega-6 and a little more omega-3 might explain why you are seeing great results.

That being said, I have analyzed the Paleo diet and it still contains an unusually high amount of omega-6's and not enough omega-3's. There is significant scholarly literature that suggests humans evolved on a ratio of 1:1 Omega-6 to Omega-3. Contemporary Western diets have a ratio of 20 or 30 to 1. Omega-6's break down into a number of inflammatory molecules in the body and Omega-3 break down into a number of molecules that suppress inflammation. My theory is that excessive Omega-6 consumption in our diets is causally related to acne. It is just a theory that I am testing. Unfortunately I cannot use the Paleo model because it still has too much Omega-6 and not enough Omega-3.

Omega-3 enriched eggs, grass-fed beef, and free-range poultry all have much more omega-3 than regular meat at the store, but they still have a disproportionately larger amount of Omega-6 so my current diet avoids all of these. Avocado's, chocolate, and nuts like pecans, cashews, pistachios, and almonds all have insane amounts of Omega-6 and very little Omega-3 so I have completely cut these out of my diet.

Fish seems to be the best source of Omega-3 so I have incorporated this into my daily diet. I have used the diet of a non-Westernized Pacific Islander tribe as a model for how I eat. It is repetitive and I have been doing it for about three weeks. I will also keep you appraised as to whether it works out for me. I look forward to reading your results!

I am very curious how you came to the conclusion that the Paleo diet contains an "unusually high" amount of omega 6's in comparison to omega 3's, when the paleo diet focuses on avoiding typical Western foods that are high in Omega 6's (soy, seed oils, grains, conventional meats, etc) and increasing intake of omega 3 rich foods, like grass-fed beef, pastured eggs, organ meats (especially liver) seafood, etc. Nuts are part of the Paleo diet, but in careful moderation (like a handful a day) and most Paleo dieters stick to nuts higher in omega 3's, like macadamia nuts.

MemberMember
(@faithbox)

Posted : 01/18/2014 11:06 am

Although nuts like pecans, almonds, walnuts, and so on are high in omega 6s, they also contain important vitamins and minerals your body needs. Like the post said above, a handful or two a day is all you need and macadamia nuts are great but they don't contain as many vitamins and minerals as some other nuts like almonds. They are a great o3 to o6 ratio though.

What does your diet consist of exactly if you are reducing omega 6?

Question: Are pumpkin seeds healthy? I heard they help you go to sleep which is why I am eating them but read somewhere they are inflammatory?

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 01/18/2014 11:33 am

Although nuts like pecans, almonds, walnuts, and so on are high in omega 6s, they also contain important vitamins and minerals your body needs. Like the post said above, a handful or two a day is all you need and macadamia nuts are great but they don't contain as many vitamins and minerals as some other nuts like almonds. They are a great o3 to o6 ratio though.

Question: Are pumpkin seeds healthy? I heard they help you go to sleep which is why I am eating them but read somewhere they are inflammatory?

Like I said, the Paleo diet in general simply avoids most conventionally consumed sources of Omega 6. You can't completely avoid omega 6's, and they're not bad unless your 3's and 6's are imbalanced. No need to obsess, just eat the right things for your body. Muscle and organ meats are a big part of the paleo diet, and pastured, organic meats have wonderful 3-6 ratios, unlike conventionally raised meats.

Pumpkin seeds are good, of course, in moderation. A small handful. Pretty high in omega 6's, but still beneficial. In the end, don't obsess. Your body will let you know if you ate too much of something.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/18/2014 12:58 pm

Celloislove, i like your post. I find that things can get very technical on paleo if you let it. As you said, buying as high of a quality protein as you can, lot and lots and lots of greens and other vegetables and of course healthy oils and nuts and eating when you're hungry will make it that much easier. Also, i find that getting up and moving and making exercise a priority helps a ton.

WEEK 2

It's been 1 week down and i feel better than i did last week. I made a green smoothie everyday this week. One thing i will have to cut back on though is my almond consumption - i didn't realize how calorie dense those were. Gonna stick with the almond butter once in a while and only a bit.

BTW, i got the T25 exercise DVD's by Shaun T and i start Monday. Wish me luck.

BTW

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/18/2014 1:49 pm

In regards to the paleo diet today vs the paleo diet years ago, i honestly dont think people can say with 100% accuracy in what amounts the cavemen consumed certain things. I will agree though that from MY own personal experience, i am not always able to buy organic meats . I do however think that this lifestyle is much better than the standard American diet so in my book, even if i don't get it 100% right, i'm going in the right direction.

I agree! It is much better than the standard American diet and you are definitely heading in the right direction.

Actually, is it completely the opposite of what you say. All of the Paleo communities I have ever been part of HEAVILY emphasize the quaility of all the foods consumed. I have never ever heard an actual Paleo follower say that quaility was unimportant. Quality is constantly a topic of discussion. The popular media sources who claim Paleo to be a "fad diet" are the only ones I have ever seen to claim otherwise (and obviously they are not Paleo).

I've only been a member of this site for a few weeks and have never joined any blog in the last nine months while experimenting with diets. In my research on Paleo dieters I have not come across anyone who emphasized the importance of where the meat came from and how the meat was fed. Even on this site, I have read through several of the threads and, though I have not read them all, the ones I have read did not emphasize picking meat based on how it was caught or how it was fed.

I am also curious what makes you think that Paleo is not an optimal human diet? Obviously, our food is not quite as nutrient dense as it once was, and some of the meats we eat, we eat in higher quantities than they may have. Paleo is not about lving JUST LIKE a caveman, but instead living a closer lifestyle to what is optimal for humans to be healthy AND happy. A popular objection is that meat in those days was leaner than it is today. The rebuttal for that is that high quality, pastured meats are leaner than conventional meats anyway, and that's what you eat when you are Paleo, but our ancenstors didn't prize muscle meats, but rather marrow, brain, and organ meats which are not lean by any means. They ate muscle meat as well, but that's not what they were after.

My latest theory is that the imbalance in Omegas is causally related to a number of inflammatory Western diseases, including acne. There is significant scientific literature that suggests humans evolved on a Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio of 1:1. While I think Paleo is dramatically better than the standard American diet, it still does not give you an Omega ratio around 1:1.

I could be wrong, and the Omega ratio might be completely unrelated to acne, I do not know. But my theory is that the Omega ratio imbalance is causally related to acne. Paleo moves closer to a 1:1 ratio, but the amount of Omega-6 allowed in the Paleo diet is still very high. This is why some people may get some acne relief on Paleo but still struggle to completely cure their acne.

I am very curious how you came to the conclusion that the Paleo diet contains an "unusually high" amount of omega 6's in comparison to omega 3's, when the paleo diet focuses on avoiding typical Western foods that are high in Omega 6's (soy, seed oils, grains, conventional meats, etc) and increasing intake of omega 3 rich foods, like grass-fed beef, pastured eggs, organ meats (especially liver) seafood, etc. Nuts are part of the Paleo diet, but in careful moderation (like a handful a day) and most Paleo dieters stick to nuts higher in omega 3's, like macadamia nuts.

Grass-fed ground beef has a Omega-6 to Omega-3 ratio of almost 5:1. A grass-fed beef steak has a ratio of almost 4:1. Your generic garden variety scrambled egg has 4.2 grams of 6 and 0.2 grams of 3 for a ratio of 16:1. The super fancy Organic Valley Omega-3 enriched eggs add 200-300 mg of Omega-3. So even then, the ratio is still 6:1. I don't know of any nuts that have a good amount of Omega-3 and low Omega-6. Macadamia have 1.737 grams of Omega-6 and only 0.276 grams of Omega-3 per serving for a ratio of 6:1.

Paleo Omega ratio is definitely lower than the standard 20:1 or 30:1 in the Western diet. But it is not the 1:1 that I'm shooting for as part of my experiment.

My meals are usually the same everyday, very simple. Wild-caught fish, chopped potato, kale, coconut oil and a little water to make a stew. Salt and pepper. I maybe throw in a tomato sometimes. And then for dinner I grill my wild-caught fish in coconut oil, bake my potato and pour the coconut oil over the potato, and eat a dry kale salad with a tomato. I drink water when I'm thirsty and I eat whole fruit throughout the day to keep me going. Mangos, watermelon, pineapple, apples, bananas. Stuff like that. I have one cheat meal per week and it has been about three weeks now since starting the new diet.

Pumpkin and squash seed kernels (pumpkin and squash are grouped together on the site I use for reference nutrition data.self.com) have 28.571 grams of Omega-6 and 0.25 grams of Omega-3 per serving for a ratio of 114:1.

MemberMember
(@celloislove)

Posted : 01/18/2014 2:16 pm

dylonspythotfyre, it is very surprising to me that the sources you have investigated have not emphasized meat source. I have been Paleo and part of the Paleo community for 2 years and have found very few sources that do not emphasize this, other than uninformed mass media articles. This is a huge misconception with the Paleo diet among popular culture, but most legitimate sources emphasize meat source and quality to be just as important as the components of the diet itself.

Keep us updated with your experiment. I feel that a 1:1 3-6 ratio is not necessary, however if it works for you and makes you feel well without obsessing over your diet, then I will be glad for you :]

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/18/2014 2:25 pm

#13 icon_share.pngdylonspythotfyre, it is very surprising to me that the sources you have investigated have not emphasized meat source. I have been Paleo and part of the Paleo community for 2 years and have found very few sources that do not emphasize this, other than uninformed mass media articles. This is a huge misconception with the Paleo diet among popular culture, but most legitimate sources emphasize meat source and quality to be just as important as the components of the diet itself.

Perhaps I was looking in all the wrong areas. Or maybe I just missed it when I would read through the various regimens.

Keep us updated with your experiment.

Will do.

I feel that a 1:1 3-6 ratio is not necessary

Yes, if the Paleo diet cured your acne, then a 1:1 is probably not necessary for you and I wouldn't mess with it. I've tried a few diets, but not Paleo. Maybe if this doesn't work out for me after doing it few months, I will give Paleo a shot.

MemberMember
(@alternativista)

Posted : 01/18/2014 7:29 pm

#13 icon_share.pngdylonspythotfyre, it is very surprising to me that the sources you have investigated have not emphasized meat source. I have been Paleo and part of the Paleo community for 2 years and have found very few sources that do not emphasize this, other than uninformed mass media articles. This is a huge misconception with the Paleo diet among popular culture, but most legitimate sources emphasize meat source and quality to be just as important as the components of the diet itself.

Keep us updated with your experiment. I feel that a 1:1 3-6 ratio is not necessary, however if it works for you and makes you feel well without obsessing over your diet, then I will be glad for you :]

I agree. Almost all paleo or primal sites, blogs forums, and people in this forum emphasize products from pastured animals.

MemberMember
(@dylonspythotfyre)

Posted : 01/18/2014 7:48 pm

I agree. Almost all paleo or primal sites, blogs forums, and people in this forum emphasize products from pastured animals.

I would not recommend eating pasture-fed animals. There is no guarantee that the animal is not being supplemented with grain feed. Legally there is no restriction on selling meat as pasture-fed as long as it is allowed to frolic around a pasture.

What is important for healthful consumption is that the meat is grass-fed or wild-caught.

http://www.humaneitarian.org/uncategorized/pasture-raised-vs-grass-fed-whats-the-difference/#.UtsebnmttjA

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 01/25/2014 11:42 pm

WEEK 3

I have taken to the paleo way of life much better than i did previously and i do feel better. I am also one week down on my T25 journey and that workout is kicking my ass BIG TIME. I have a long way to go but i am excited that i am getting my workouts in (keep in mind that I've been inactive for over a year). For anyone who struggles to find the time to go to the gym, i definitely recommend working out at home.

Some musings on my paleo diet so far:

• i need to cut back on my paleo treats as it is hindering my weight loss progress so starting monday, I am shelving my almond flour
  • i need to be aware of my portion sizes. I realize that i am an emotional eater and that it is possible to overdo it, even on paleo. As of Monday i will be documenting for myself what and when i am eating.
  • i need to divorce my scale....even for a bit. I tend to be obsessed with the numbers on the scale but i realize that weight can fluctuate throughout the day and that those 3 little numbers are not a good indicator of health
  • i need to eat more fish and lean meats

I plan to schedule my annual checkup in a few months so hopefully my way of living will have showed improvements.

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 02/09/2014 7:17 pm

Week 5

Stress is my biggest enemy at this point. I am doing everything right but stress is what is leading me astray. I stress, i over eat, i stress, i don't want to exercise, i stress, i feel out of control. I am at a redo point as i feel as if i have allowed my stress to break me down. Last week, my car got broken into and its been a week that has gone downhill since then. My weigh in was dismal at best and of course, i ate as a comfort which in reality was no comfort. This entire weekend was a pig out fest on almond butter and dairy free chocolate (AKA sugar) as well as some non paleo treats. It's over though and the slate is wiped clean. Tomorrow is another day and so begins another week. Back to 100% paleo and working out daily.

This week will be better.

MemberMember
(@faithbox)

Posted : 02/09/2014 10:25 pm

Good luck. Stay focused