Notifications
Clear all

Clarisonic- Not Just A Gimmick!

MemberMember
(@rosalie324)

Posted : 12/25/2013 10:50 pm

**I have no connection with the Clarisonic company. This review is completely based on personal experience!**

Oh my gosh guys let me tell you... I have found what works! I received the Clarisonic about a month ago (for Hanukkah for course haha) and I was so nervous to start using it. I was terrified that there would be a purging stage or that my skin would become super irritated or something disastrous would happen. I could not have been more wrong.

I received the Mia 2, which comes with the sensitive brush head, and I finally worked up the courage to start using it about a week and a half ago. My skin has literally not looked or felt this good in more than a year. I usually wake up in the morning with at least one new pimple and this hasn't happened since starting with the Clarisonic! Every time I use it (in the AM and PM) I feel like I'm giving myself a mini facial/deep pore cleansing. It removes makeup like magic and leaves your skin feeling refreshed without stripping it. Lest be known that I am still using my regular cleanser (La Roche Posay Effaclar), which is effective in conjunction with the Clarisonic. They have other cleansers made by their company, but honestly the reviews are a bit iffy. Not worth the money in my opinion.

The bristles on the sensitive head are short and soft, so there is no possible way to cause irritation. I just purchased the acne cleansing head and used it for the first time tonight without any problem. The bristles on that head are longer and thicker, so it covers more surface area in a short period of time. Speaking of which, the whole process takes ONE MINUTE. The machine vibrates after a certain amount of time to let you know when it's time to clean another part of your face. (i.e. one cheek for 20 seconds, then the other for 20 seconds, then your chin for ten seconds, then your forehead for ten seconds) Perfect amount of time to get your face squeaky clean. :D Oh and as a side note, there are two speeds with the Mia 2. I personally prefer the faster vibration because I feel like it's opening up my pores and allowing the cleanser to penetrate deeper within.

I honestly cannot stop touching my face because of how soft and supple it feels. I am currently 98% clear and am noticing that those pesky blackheads that tend to linger on my nose are starting to disappear, along with the weird skin colored bumps I complain about on my forehead. Plus the Clarisonic is said to even out skin tone, so I can't wait for a couple of months from now to have a smooth even texture and tone to my skin.

Yes, the machine itself is a little pricey ($160 for the Mia 2 + additional heads). But let's think about it... You only need to put down the initial cash for the machine and only need to replace the heads every 3 months. For the results that I've had within this past week and half, I would have payed triple that amount if necessary!! I can almost promise you that you will not regret making the investment to purchase this wondrous piece of machinery.